Bruce Brown- not basketball related

mianjomar

Junior
I see where he is entering the draft but will not contact an agent. Presumably keeping his options open means that he can see where he'll go in the draft and if he doesn't like the result he'll go back to college. A question for those in the know. Can he wait until after the actual draft? If so why wouldn't football allow the same option for underclassmen. It sure would be in the best interest of the players. Would Brad K. for example opt to go back to school after the draft? There are a lot of thoughts on this but right now if a kid declares for the draft even if he changes his mind a few days later he's gone. We actually had a kid change his mind the next day some years ago and the NCAA said too bad. To me that is too harsh. Thoughts.

Advertisement
I see where he is entering the draft but will not contact an agent. Presumably keeping his options open means that he can see where he'll go in the draft and if he doesn't like the result he'll go back to college. A question for those in the know. Can he wait until after the actual draft? If so why wouldn't football allow the same option for underclassmen. It sure would be in the best interest of the players. Would Brad K. for example opt to go back to school after the draft? There are a lot of thoughts on this but right now if a kid declares for the draft even if he changes his mind a few days later he's gone. We actually had a kid change his mind the next day some years ago and the NCAA said too bad. To me that is too harsh. Thoughts.
No he can retract his declaration for up to 10 days after the NBA combine which takes place in late May

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back