Browse CanesInSight Ad-Free

If a poster on the band list was willing to pay the $25 two go ad free, or even $50, wood you let them come back? Axing four a friend.

Advertisement
Done, I will gladly pay $2.08 a month for the privilege to browse ad free.

@Andrew The only thing I didn't like, was that PayPal doesn't give you an option to pay with money already in your PayPal account. Direct bank account or credit card is our only options.

Signed,

Peruche

Done, I will gladly pay $2.08 a month for the privilege to browse ad free.

@Andrew The only thing I didn't like, was that PayPal doesn't give you an option to pay with money already in your PayPal account. Direct bank account or credit card is our only options.

Signed,

Peruche
Interesting, I will have to take a look and see if we can change that. I also plan on adding "Stripe" as a payment provider for those that don't want to use PayPal. Stripe allows us to take cards and Apple Pay.

Advertisement
That’s the price man. What do you mean they should have been more transparent from the start? Their business model is no subscription, ads pay the bills and profits. How do you think unpaid sites pay for themselves? Affiliate links, ads, products...

If they charged a subscription like Rivals and 247, would you pay it?
i dont mind paying, in fact. it is long due, just think it could have been rolled out differently

i dont mind paying, in fact. it is long due, just think it could have been rolled out differently
You’ve been on here a long time. Andrew’s made no secret that their business model is advertising not subscriptions. People complain about the ads interfering with their user experience but that’s how the site is monetized - openly.

Now they’ve decided to offer an ad free user experience for $25 per year as an extra/option.

What should they have done differently? Businesses can be fluid and things evolve. I’m not sure what the issue is.

You're probably right. Rolling out paid services and a sports forum are not exactly things you do when there may not be a season. We rolled out more ads in part to be able to continue to pay our bills. The ad-free service was rolled out as a response and recognization of the impact ads have on the browsing experience. It's an option users's now have. Other boards charge for things like username change, title change, search, PM limit, access to boards, avatar, signature, and so on. We have actually given users all of those features for free, and we are not done yet.

Advertisement
they dont want to make this a subscription site, so they start bombarding us with ads ad (sorry for the pun) nauseum and ad (Id.) infititum and now give us the option of making it subscription free for $25 per annum. ****ty strategy. should have been more transparent with it from the beginning and people would have paid.
You goin be okay? Should we send you someone to talk to

Advertisement
I wonder if one paid an extra $5 would that give one the autonomy to call those most deserving, ***galoons, without fear of reprisal by a maude?

maude.jpeg

I like the ads.

sometimes I think I’m reading a post and it’s an ad. I figure it out when I try to post a reply or a like.

Advertisement
You’ve been on here a long time. Andrew’s made no secret that their business model is advertising not subscriptions. People complain about the ads interfering with their user experience but that’s how the site is monetized - openly.

Now they’ve decided to offer an ad free user experience for $25 per year as an extra/option.

What should they have done differently? Businesses can be fluid and things evolve. I’m not sure what the issue is.
They should have spent a month teasing this gigantic $25 deal and then did a drum roll for 48 hours straight. $25 is so momentous that CIS should have to put on an incredible level of pageantry before I part with it.

They should have spent a month teasing this gigantic $25 deal and then did a drum roll for 48 hours straight. $25 is so momentous that CIS should have to put on an incredible level of pageantry before I part with it.
Because of the way CIS has failed in properly prepping them, that one day the saturation of ads on this free site might be subject to removal for a $25 annual fee, these disgruntled fine posters should have the option of removing all ads for free - for life - and CIS should pay them each $25 per year for the inconvenience.

Because of the way CIS has failed in properly prepping them, that one day the saturation of ads on this free site might be subject to removal for a $25 annual fee, these disgruntled fine posters should have the option of removing all ads for free - for life - and CIS should pay them each $25 per year for the inconvenience.
They've been aggrieved by CIS's failure to roll out this life-changing event properly and must be fairly compensated for their damages.

I really didn't mind the ads that much understanding the financial impact they had for the site. If paying the subscription helps even more, I'm in.

Advertisement
Back