"Brotherhood Cristobal Is Bringing Back"

D.L.I.N.K.D.A.GR8

Da Man Da Myth Da Legend
Screenshot_20220619-010014_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220619-010032_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220619-010047_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Soooo many times I tried to explain what Mario would bring to the table that Lane Train could never...

Thank you, Jesus, for answering my prayers...
I was on the Lane train and I still feel that if Lane was the guy, we would’ve won a lot early on and we would’ve been generally a more exciting team to watch.

However, Lane absolutely would not have been able to build the culture and get the school to fully invest in this program the way Mario has.

I don’t think Mario will produce the on field results in year 1 and maybe even year 2 that we as a fanbase expect, but he’s building something that in the very near future will resemble the Canes that we all fell in love with.

I am more than happy to have him as our head coach.

Go ****** Canes boys.

Advertisement
If we don't win with Mario it will never happen again. Mario at the helm just feels like destiny and a gift from God to give us another glorious football run.
This is my thoughts exactly. If this train ain’t rolling by year 3 or 4 then i will accept that we will never be anything better than a middle of the road ACC team ever again.

I would also put Sapp and Pat Riley over Sileo and JB.
JB was obviously a beast and in the top 5 all time of UM D-tackles, but I don’t member Sileo being much of a standout. Pat Riley was excellent until his knee injury against Pitt, which may have been why we didn’t beat Nebraska that year in the bowl game. Riley’s injury left too much responsibility on Sapp’s plate and he couldn’t keep it up in the 4th quarter Of the bowl game.

Top 5 UM d-tackles in chronological order:
JB
Tez
Maryland
Sapp
Wilfork

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was on the Lane train and I still feel that if Lane was the guy, we would’ve won a lot early on and we would’ve been generally a more exciting team to watch.

However, Lane absolutely would not have been able to build the culture and get the school to fully invest in this program the way Mario has.

I don’t think Mario will produce the on field results in year 1 and maybe even year 2 that we as a fanbase expect, but he’s building something that in the very near future will resemble the Canes that we all fell in love with.

I am more than happy to have him as our head coach.

Go ****** Canes boys.

I just don't understand this conclusion. In the pre-portal past, I could have seen some merit in the "it'll take a couple of years" position. It made sense, as you had to load the talent gun with a couple of recruiting classes. But the Portal allows you to simultaneously douche your own roster while bringing in an influx of players with no bad history in your program who are hungry to do what it takes to win.

To cite just one example, Michigan State went from a 2-5 team to an 11-2 team IN ONE YEAR largely off the strength of the Portal (it certainly wasn't years of high school recruiting). Now I realize that not every team can achieve such a one-year turnaround, but I'm not sure why people think it will take us years to go from 7 wins to 10 or 11 wins.

PARTICULARLY with the schedule we have. Even if we lost to Clemson and aTm, the rest of the 10 games are against teams we beat last year or only lost to by one possession. And none of those teams have recruited at the HS or Portal level in the last 6 months as we have. Fixable.

I don't think it's going to take Mario "years" to get 3 more 4th quarter scores out of this team.

And Jimmie Jones was in the rotation
Great call. How could I forget Jimmie Jones. My memory is he was the starter before an injury and couldn’t get his starting spot back once Maryland stepped in. But was still good enough to be drafted and have a very good NFL career with the Cowboys.

Tez, Maryland and Jones has to be the best d-tackle rotation ever at UM, and almost anywhere when you also consider NFL draft position and success.

Advertisement
I would also put Sapp and Pat Riley over Sileo and JB.
JB was obviously a beast and in the top 5 all time of UM D-tackles, but I don’t member Sileo being much of a standout. Pat Riley was excellent until his knee injury against Pitt, which may have been why we didn’t beat Nebraska that year in the bowl game. Riley’s injury left too much responsibility on Sapp’s plate and he couldn’t keep it up in the 4th quarter Of the bowl game.

Top 5 UM d-tackles in chronological order:
JB
Tez
Maryland
Sapp
Wilfork
No Jim Burt?
Should be in any top5 list..

Advertisement
Back