Brooks ( is he close to being ready)?

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
Any word on how close Brooks is to being ready? Desperately need this kid back and healthy. Not sure he will fix all the issues in the LB room but he’s got to be better than 44.

Advertisement
Don't think we see him until the halfway point.
team america vomit GIF

Me thinking about more 44 and 17

Advertisement
He didn’t dress yesterday.

And I’m not trying to upset you but I saw cave on special teams. Which means he’s good to go. And still didn’t play
I saw cave as well, I did see him get a few reps as well. Need to let him learn on the fly

Brooks and Huff have set our LB room back years. Smh. Both were highly ranked coming out of HS and both are giving us absolutely nothing at a time when we need them the most.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When an entire unit is bad over multiple units, at what point do you question if they are being coached up? I love K. Smith as a player, but he was overrunning plays - against Bama and last night - and missing tackles like these other players and speed is not an issue with him. I'd like to see how they do in a different system and with better coaching. No way App St. has out recruited us at LB, but that position group certainly out played our position group.

Just re watched and i agree. Smith needs more weight and experience but 44 missing tackles left and right just keep him off the field already the experiment is over. put a freshman in if you have to
I agree, when Keontra gets engaged with a blocker he can't get off the block to make the tackle. Watch the play where they score on 4th&2. Watch Keontra.

44 is special reamer who's getting actual snaps because of how pityful our LB is. Smh

Advertisement
There is no magic player to insert. The problem is beyond that. It's a system problem and linebackers are doomed in this system. Brooks can come back, but it'll make minimal impact at best.

He can just as easily be swallowed by the opposing OL running free at our second level.

He can just as easily take himself out of a play since Diaz guesses right and the play is going left.

He can just as easily have him blitzing from wherever, vacating the middle of the field or leaving a running back alone in the flat.

Manny's joke of a system is a linebackers death sentence. We haven't recruited out of this world, but all these guys had real coaches elsewhere that wanted them. They all couldn't have just lost what those coaches saw in them.

I agree, when Keontra gets engaged with a blocker he can't get off the block to make the tackle. Watch the play where they score on 4th&2. Watch Keontra.

44 is special reamer who's getting actual snaps because of how pityful our LB is. Smh
Oh thats not just on him just watched it about 5 times IVEY ******* stops for some reason and let the dude right by him. dude was scared to get hit. idc if you get ran over it still would've stopped him. come on where blades at

There is no magic player to insert. The problem is beyond that. It's a system problem and linebackers are doomed in this system. Brooks can come back, but it'll make minimal impact at best.

He can just as easily be swallowed by the opposing OL running free at our second level.

He can just as easily take himself out of a play since Diaz guesses right and the play is going left.

He can just as easily have him blitzing from wherever, vacating the middle of the field or leaving a running back alone in the flat.

Manny's joke of a system is a linebackers death sentence. We haven't recruited out of this world, but all these guys had real coaches elsewhere that wanted them. They all couldn't have just lost what those coaches saw in them.
Strongly disagree. Our LBs are truly awful. Average LBs would make the defense look a lot better.

Advertisement
Back