Broken Record

PBJFanatic

Sophomore
For the life of me, I cannot understand why this administration has yet to dismiss Manny Diaz. I simply do not get it, and it speaks to the complacency and internal dysfunction. I said it weeks ago, and I will say it again, this administration has taken the fans for granted, has completely failed the community - not taking Thanksgiving turkey handouts.

My plan of action would be as follows:

A. Tuesday, October 19: Announce Manny's dismissal and promote Lashlee to interim HC. He will be gone by end of season but we need someone that can keep things organized. Elevate TRob to DC. Make it known via a press release to all media outlets that Miami is committed to bringing in the very best coach it can find, and that it will immediately begin restructuring the operation, starting with the removal of Blake James as AD. I would move him to janitorial services.

B. Launch a Community Roundtable and invite all SoFla coaches to listen and learn from our previous and current mistakes. What in their mind do we need to fix/improve and how so we can really put a fence around SoFla. Additionally, set-up coaching boot camps for HS coaches and assistants once our new HC and staff come in; so we can build meaningful relationships.

C. Hire a Football General Manager, and that job should go to Alonzo. Period. He can then begin to set-up an entire new operation covering recruiting, coaching, partnerships, metrics, nutrition, academics, etc.

D. Allocate $20M towards the new hire and associated coaching staff. Do not mess around. You have the money. Do it and stop messing with us.

E. Nationwide search with a public/private modes. Share some names with press that wont end up being the targets but that let it be know we are not going after unproven folks.

F. Finalize hire by December. Hire someone that has a great eye for talent. Hire someone that has done a lot with a little. Hire someone that will embrace man-to-man coverage and a physical defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Invite south Florida coaches? Instead they’ll be around the table debating who’s the best guy for the job. Forget about what south Florida coaches want or think. South Florida coaches will send their kids to a program that develops talent and sends them to the league. Get a good AD n Coach everything else falls into place.

Advertisement
For the life of me, I cannot understand why this administration has yet to dismiss Manny Diaz. I simply do not get it, and it speaks to the complacency and internal dysfunction. I said it weeks ago, and I will say it again, this administration has taken the fans for granted, has completely failed the community - not taking Thanksgiving turkey handouts.

A. Tuesday, October 19: Announce Manny's dismissal and promote Lashlee to interim HC. He will be gone by end of season but we need someone that can keep things organized. Elevate TRob to DC. Make it known via a press release to all media outlets that Miami is committed to bringing in the very best coach it can find, and that it will immediately begin restructuring the operation, starting with the removal of Blake James as AD. I would move him to janitorial services.

B. Launch a Community Roundtable and invite all SoFla coaches to listen and learn from our previous and current mistakes. What in their mind do we need to fix/improve and how so we can really put a fence around SoFla. Additionally, set-up coaching boot camps for HS coaches and assistants once our new HC and staff come in; so we can build meaningful relationships.

C. Hire a Football General Manager, and that job should go to Alonzo. Period. He can then begin to set-up an entire new operation covering recruiting, coaching, partnerships, metrics, nutrition, academics, etc.

D. Allocate $20M towards the new hire and associated coaching staff. Do not mess around. You have the money. Do it and stop messing with us.

E. Nationwide search with a public/private modes. Share some names with press that wont end up being the targets but that let it be know we are not going after unproven folks.

F. Finalize hire by December. Hire someone that has a great eye for talent. Hire someone that has done a lot with a little. Hire someone that will embrace man-to-man coverage and a physical defense.
All this you just said goes by the wayside cause the first thing you have to do is fire James…you can fire Manny whenever cause his employment doesn’t hamper your coaching search one bit but having Flake in place sure as fck does. Sure no coach worth two shts is even gonna consider this program until they know he Is gone and a shake-up in the whole dept. with a huge dollar commitment to the program is in the works….

Invite south Florida coaches? Instead they’ll be around the table debating who’s the best guy for the job. Forget about what south Florida coaches want or think. South Florida coaches will send their kids to a program that develops talent and sends them to the league. Get a good AD n Coach everything else falls into place.
Half of them would leave said meeting and announce they were banning UM from recruiting on their high school campuses because the school didn't interview them for our opening on the spot. They'd do this with a mouthful of the extra slice of pizza we provided for lunch that they grabbed as they ran out the door because they thought they heard Sabag's helicopter landing somewhere in the tri-county area.

Advertisement
People here kill me with all the catering to local coaches. Stop enabling them and giving them the power. Who cares who they want? Do they still have eligibility I don’t know about? Until you prove you can develop kids and win, or hire someone who’s done that already, they won’t push kids to Miami. Even then most will push the top kids to the SEC for a variety of reasons.

All this you just said goes by the wayside cause the first thing you have to do is fire James…you can fire Manny whenever cause his employment doesn’t hamper your coaching search one bit but having Flake in place sure as fck does. Sure no coach worth two shts is even gonna consider this program until they know he Is gone and a shake-up in the whole dept. with a huge dollar commitment to the program is in the works….
This banner was so ahead of it's time and not fully appreciated by the masses,

fie bj.jpeg

Advertisement
Reread my list. I moved Blake James to janitorial services.

Advertisement
Disagree with c. Need a competent AD. Name all the present good football schools that have a football general manager.

Overall not horrible but you really lost me at having Asslee be the interim. That guy is probably worse at his job than Manny is as a HC.

Advertisement
Back