Brock Berlin to be part of UF game festivities

Agree. Still remember the L we took up at Blackburg that year.

Berlin, just like anyone who did a few good things and has been gone for awhile, is being re-invented by UM fans as some hero. He was AWFUL for most of 2003. He was so bad that they benched him in favor of the horrifically bad Crudup, Jr. That was a championship-level club with remotely decent QB'ing that year. People remember the furious comebacks, but they forget that his mistakes were usually what put us in position for his comebacks.

Great point. I remember thinking to myself that we literally wasted one of the best defenses in UM history.

Advertisement
6 in one hand, half dozen in the other, Franchise. Like I said, he never lost to UF. Never lost to FSU. And never lost a bowl game. Seeing how the last 7-8 years has gone for us, I would say he is batting pretty well in my book, friend. JMO.

6 in one hand, half dozen in the other, Franchise. Like I said, he never lost to UF. Never lost to FSU. And never lost a bowl game. Seeing how the last 7-8 years has gone for us, I would say he is batting pretty well in my book, friend. JMO.

Those are good things. But he was awful in 2003. I'm not one of those guys who gives the QB all the credit for the wins or losses unless they deserve the actual credit. For instance, in one of those games against fsu, he didn't beat fsu; Sean Taylor and Chris Rix did. And our D beat EVERYONE that we beat in 2003.

People remember the furious comebacks, but they forget that his mistakes were usually what put us in position for his comebacks.

No doubt. Props to Brock for leading the comeback, but his atrocious first half against UF is what dug the hole in the first place. Two INTs, one of which thrown right into the DBs chest, then the awful fumble they returned for a TD.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back