Brock Berlin to be part of UF game festivities

Advertisement
I can't believe that was 10 years ago. I know Berlin never really turned into what he could have been, but having a perfect moment like that as a college football player is more than 90% of guys that play the game can say.

Berlin gets a lot of ****, but he was 5-0 against Florida and Florida State, and had a very good 2004 season.

"He said he recalls “being on the sideline” during that comeback “and the score was 33-10 and [defensive backs coach] Mark Stoops said, ‘We’re going to play out the game and not let them score anymore so it doesn’t look bad.’

“And I remember [safety] Sean Taylor and I were sitting there and told him, ‘Coach, man, we’ve got time. We’re going to win this game!’

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/02/3600885_p2/brock-berlins-defining-moment.html#storylink=cpy"

Stoops belongs at FSU.

Advertisement
"He said he recalls “being on the sideline” during that comeback “and the score was 33-10 and [defensive backs coach] Mark Stoops said, ‘We’re going to play out the game and not let them score anymore so it doesn’t look bad.’

“And I remember [safety] Sean Taylor and I were sitting there and told him, ‘Coach, man, we’ve got time. We’re going to win this game!’

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/02/3600885_p2/brock-berlins-defining-moment.html#storylink=cpy"

Stoops belongs at FSU.

Actually, perfect fit for Kentucky

Man if Figs and some of the other new goons see that video CaneFreak2001 put up, gonna be some straight up ejections come Saturday.

Pumped.

Berlin got **** because he followed Dorsey. Hard act to follow but Berlin did pretty ******* well. He had some bad moments, but alot more good. Especially against our main rivals.

If we only had known then what we know now, our fans would've showed more love for Brock.

Dude left it all on the field and won some big games. My favorite thing about him was when he'd get drilled to where he had to come off the field for a minute, he always came back and played better.

Advertisement
Too bad Coker fugged up our momentum. Berlin was supposed to be a bridge to the next great QB. face meet palm

If our coaches kept Berlin in the shotgun and allowed him to just sling it, he'd have as good a chance as any to win a ship and other hardware.... He was great just slingin it without a care in the world and that's how we should have used him.

Berlin was the most underrated QB in UM history probably. Never lost to FSU. Never lost to UF. Never lost a bowl game. I appreciate him ALOT more now then I did back then. I admit I hated the guy in 03'. Thought he ruined a championship team. But after enduring Kyle Wright, Kirby Freeman, Robert Marve, and Jacory the last few years made me realize that Brock was a gamer and a **** good QB.

Advertisement
Berlin was the most underrated QB in UM history probably. Never lost to FSU. Never lost to UF. Never lost a bowl game. I appreciate him ALOT more now then I did back then. I admit I hated the guy in 03'. Thought he ruined a championship team. But after enduring Kyle Wright, Kirby Freeman, Robert Marve, and Jacory the last few years made me realize that Brock was a gamer and a **** good QB.

berlin has been the best qb since dorsey at UM thus far

Forgot how much of a boss Beard was in that game. Kyle friggin' Cobia with a cameo on that last drive! So many big name Canes on the field that night.

That dude DID ruin a championship team. Don't go rewriting history mother****ers. That game against Tennessee was ******* apocraphyl. The coaches re partially to blame... like others have said. This guy belonged in the gun... that's where he should have been used.

Advertisement
Berlin, just like anyone who did a few good things and has been gone for awhile, is being re-invented by UM fans as some hero. He was AWFUL for most of 2003. He was so bad that they benched him in favor of the horrifically bad Crudup, Jr. That was a championship-level club with remotely decent QB'ing that year. People remember the furious comebacks, but they forget that his mistakes were usually what put us in position for his comebacks.

Berlin, just like anyone who did a few good things and has been gone for awhile, is being re-invented by UM fans as some hero. He was AWFUL for most of 2003. He was so bad that they benched him in favor of the horrifically bad Crudup, Jr. That was a championship-level club with remotely decent QB'ing that year. People remember the furious comebacks, but they forget that his mistakes were usually what put us in position for his comebacks.

Great point. I remember thinking to myself that we literally wasted one of the best defenses in UM history.

You're absolutely right, but on the flip side, people don't give him enough credit for 2004. 2,700 yards, 22 TD 6 INT. Funny, that was one of the worst defenses we had during our run of great defenses (2001-2006). Only one not ranked in the Top 10 (still solid, like 30th, but not up to par with the others).

Last edited:
Didn't Coker and Chud decide it was more important to "run our offense" than it was to utilize Brock in the way that he was most productive?

Advertisement
Back