Bro We Are Trash. This Is A Rebuild. Some Cold Harsh Truth

LOL...yes bro it is. I tried to be rational and was like we just need proper coaching and we good. But when you look at it, wouldn't talent at least get you nine wins season. Man we can't even reach 9 wins. For 17 years we have been basically a 500 team. I am starting to face the reality we don't have as much talent as we think we do.
This team is talented enough to dominate the Coastal. But Miami hired a HC only Temple wanted. Its a rebuild because Miami is the worst football admin in America. This is not an ACC rebuild if Miami hired a HC like Mike Gundy.

Advertisement
Not speaking at you. But I am so sick of "Our recruiting classes are top 10" They have not done jack on the field. No knock on the players because they can only do what they can do.

Bro we know we trash because we run systems that need elite talent to be effective. We can look back as far as Brock Berlin. Everyone and they momma new we should have switched to a spread that year.

But we continued to trot out the old reliable pro-style as if we had elite talent in our one and two deep.

Through 4 coaches that seemingly can't maximize talent at the collegiate level, the finger should then be pointed at the leadership. The players just simply are not prepared on Saturday and that is a direct reflection on the coaching. Doesn't matter if the top 10 recruiting class moniker means anything to you but we certainly have better players than all the teams we play this season outside of Florida and (if you stretch it out given experience) Virginia.

I agree that our schemes make it nearly impossible to be successful but that falls on coaching moreso than the talent. There is 0 excuse to be given about talent on the defensive side on the football for sure because Diaz had the final say about all the players there.

What is the answer to this? And more specifically how about the last 5 years?

And listen, I get it, Manny is in over his head, made two of the worst hires in Miami history in Blake and Patke, and should have never been awarded the job in the first place, but this team is not that talented.

Could we have a better record? Yea, but this team would struggle to find consistency with any coach. The depth chart needs as much of a revolution as our athletic department and coaching staff.

Your opinion is valid but I'll challenge you on the highlighted part. There are several teams out there doing more with less. Sure, we could potentially have more depth but our #1s are better than 75% of college football - in fact, our underclassmen were #15 in the country preseason. Of course, all of these rankings are given assuming they're being properly developed, so IMO it ultimately falls on the coaches regardless. Take DJ Ivey and Gilbert Frierson as an example, they were being pushed by UGA and Auburn towards the end of their recruitment because of their measurables and raw ability. You believe that those staffs would squander their talent?

This team is talented enough to dominate the Coastal. But Miami hired a HC only Temple wanted. Its a rebuild because Miami is the worst football admin in America. This is not an ACC rebuild if Miami hired a HC like Mike Gundy.
You would think the pro-style offense would be banned by now at UM because that has been the consistent theme over the last 17 years is having a poor offense. Can you believe we have been working on the offense for 17 years...smh.

Always like Mike Gundy. Do you think he would have ever left OKie State?

Advertisement
Bro, if @say what agrees with your post, you know it's a ****** post bro.

Thanks for contributing.

I don't agree with the entire post, but a good part of it. There's even a good portion of it that is 100 percent factual with verifiable data.

Keep on contributing. This place is a **** hole anymore where football ignorant posters like yourself run around insulting anyone who doesn't agree with you and your pals.

Through 4 coaches that seemingly can't maximize talent at the collegiate level, the finger should then be pointed at the leadership. The players just simply are not prepared on Saturday and that is a direct reflection on the coaching. Doesn't matter if the top 10 recruiting class moniker means anything to you but we certainly have better players than all the teams we play this season outside of Florida and (if you stretch it out given experience) Virginia.

I agree that our schemes make it nearly impossible to be successful but that falls on coaching moreso than the talent. There is 0 excuse to be given about talent on the defensive side on the football for sure because Diaz had the final say about all the players there.

Your opinion is valid but I'll challenge you on the highlighted part. There are several teams out there doing more with less. Sure, we could potentially have more depth but our #1s are better than 75% of college football - in fact, our underclassmen were #15 in the country preseason. Of course, all of these rankings are given assuming they're being properly developed, so IMO it ultimately falls on the coaches regardless. Take DJ Ivey and Gilbert Frierson as an example, they were being pushed by UGA and Auburn towards the end of their recruitment because of their measurables and raw ability. You believe that those staffs would squander their talent?
Good points in this post

Slurp away man u have a right to be a fool its a free country
LOL...maybe just a lil bit. I know I be in denial sometimes but it is just so hard to accept the truth. I keep thinking the win streak is about to happen or the prior season was the 1998 season.

#TheNewMiamiFan.

You just gotta love the, "You guys ran him out of town." Not his poor coaching or anything else is to blame, just us fans ran him out of town.

Is it even worth replying anymore.

Advertisement
LOL...maybe just a lil bit. I know I be in denial sometimes but it is just so hard to accept the truth. I keep thinking the win streak is about to happen or the prior season was the 1998 season.
Its not going to happen with this staff kid....im telling u man just ooen those eyes bruh

You can pick and choose players that could've gone to the SEC all you like, but ultimately those players weren't being recruited to virtually go unchallenged for a starting spot like they are here. Those schools pick up 5-6 guys a year with the same measurables as DJ Ivey, while we pick up 1-2. So if one guy turns out ot be a bust, they live, while we die.

Also, there's two other ways to prove that our guys aren't good. First, look around CFB, players who are special jump out on the screen, it's impossible to miss -- we have exactly 0 players that separate themselves from their competition and stand out. Secondly, the only guys we're putting in the league anymore is a handful of Safeties and TEs. No WRs, DBs, OL, LBs.... nothing. Outside of two positions, we've only got a few guys getting drafted at all, and if they make it onto a team, none are getting playing time.

Our teams are not talented.

Advertisement
You can pick and choose players that could've gone to the SEC all you like, but ultimately those players weren't being recruited to virtually go unchallenged for a starting spot like they are here. Those schools pick up 5-6 guys a year with the same measurables as DJ Ivey, while we pick up 1-2. So if one guy turns out ot be a bust, they live, while we die.

Also, there's two other ways to prove that our guys aren't good. First, look around CFB, players who are special jump out on the screen, it's impossible to miss -- we have exactly 0 players that separate themselves from their competition and stand out. Secondly, the only guys we're putting in the league anymore is a handful of Safeties and TEs. No WRs, DBs, OL, LBs.... nothing. Outside of two positions, we've only got a few guys getting drafted at all, and if they make it onto a team, none are getting playing time.

I agree we're not talented compared the elite blue-chip programs be are certainly talented relative to the opponents we've played. And again, the talent on the defensive roster falls on one man only. You can't actively call this a rebuild when you are directly involved in what is the current product on the football field. It's really disappointing to use talent as an excuse for losing football games to these teams.

I kind of agree with this take. You can miss on a few players and still be elite when you have a roster full of potential game changing athletes. We grab one at the most each recruiting cycle and hope they pan out. When we miss, we see the impact immediately.

I agree we're not talented compared the elite blue-chip programs be are certainly talented relative to the opponents we've played. And again, the talent on the defensive roster falls on one man only. You can't actively call this a rebuild when you are directly involved in what is the current product on the football field. It's really disappointing to use talent as an excuse for losing football games to these teams.
Our secondary was always a gigantic question mark and it's proving to be a real problem. We've got two of the slowest LBs in the country as our starters. Our DL is the only unit that's truly talented and vastly superior to every opponent we'll face.

There's ways to scheme around our deficiencies and the defense shouldn't be this bad, but they were always going to take a step back this year. ****** Blake just exacerbated it.

Advertisement
ACC Schools with 5 or less win seasons in the last 17 Years

Clemson = 0
VT = 0
Miami = 1
FSU = 1
GT = 2
BC = 3
Pitt = 3
Louisville = 3
UNC = 5
NC St = 5
Wake = 8
Virginia = 9
Duke= 9
Syracuse =10

We continue to be a very high floor, low ceiling team.

We're never as good as fans think we are at the start of the year. We're never as bad as fans think we are at the end of the year.

"We haven't won much the past twenty years" does not equate to "this is now a rebuild."

Richt recruited well here. We were a 7-6 football team last season, due mostly to the fact that our offense was incompetent. Yet three of those games were decided by less than single digits, and the "blowouts" occurred in games where our offense mustered 14, 17, and 3 points.

All things considered, we were a good offense away from being a 10-win team last season, and the ONLY thing that needed fixing was the offensive scheme, coming off a 2017 season in which we won 10 games. But now we're in a "rebuild"?

GTFOH. We needed an adult in the room, and instead we hired a teenager. Diaz is in WAY over his head, doesn't know how to run the program as an administrator, and invited all kinds of criticism with his bravado this offseason. This staff is TOAST, and if you can't see that with their play on the field, I don't know what to tell you.

We have to stop living in the past because we are embarrassing ourselves. Have some of you not looked at the numbers? Bro we are complete trash and no where near a top tier program. Just look at the numbers

In the last 17 years we have had 1 ten win season.

Acc Schools with 10 or more win season in the last 17 Years (Excluding FSU and Clemson as they won titles)

Virginia Tech = 9
G Tech = 2
Boston = 2
Pitt = 1
Wake = 1
Duke= 1
Syracuse =1
Virginia = 1
NC State = 1

Bro, when you look further at the numbers. UM has had only 4 nine win seasons in 17 years! That means we were barely a 500 team for almost two decades. The one coach that got you 10 wins and ranked #2 in the nation, you guys ran him out of town. Then you guys put so much pressure on the administration until they did exactly what you asked for. "Oh, all we need is a new offensive coordinator and we are back, because the defense is stacked". They sent you an offensive guy who Saban wanted badly and we still Trash!

Have you not learned anything from the past? During Mark Ritch 1st season, we loss 4 games in a row and everyone was calling for his head and it was a bad hire. We loss two of the games, FSU and Notre Dame by a missed FG. We were 4 pts away from having an 11-2 season. During those 4 losses we as fans acted a fool. Just to have the coach run off 15 wins in a row and a number 2 ranking with a horrible QB.

Bro stop with the meltdowns and give it a least two seasons. **** for all we know, we may go on another run. But flying banners and boycotting is just silly fam

Oh, God. Acting like nothing happened the rest of Richt’s tenure, and he ended on a 15 game win streak and ranked #2? The truth is that the 15-0 streak was a fluke, and the initial critics of Richt when he was 4-4 were proven to have been right all along.

Edit: If Richt was such a great coach that he kept on winning after his 4-4 start, then why is a rebuild now needed?

Last edited:
We “ran Richt out of town” because Richt sucked. We are running Diaz out of town because he sucks even more than Richt did.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back