Bring Back Pipe Smoking Sebastian

Does anyone know when they took the pipe out? To me nothing says swagger like old school Sebastian.

Somewhere in the 2000's, I think. When they did the rebranding with the Canes font. It was before they did that stupid clam thing.

proxy.php

Just slap a couple bandaids on this guy and give him the pipe back.

That clam thing was the worst. Can we at least get the bandage back?

That clam was an eye sore during our celebration of beating those pansies from Westwood... **** Cade McNown

One of my all time favorite wins!. I live in LA and the UCLA people were talking so much crap about us.

Advertisement
I have numerous sweatshirts and other things with the pipe my girls now wear them to school. I was amazed they weren't told not to because of the pipe.

I have the tattoo on my right bicep....love the weed smoking Sebastian. That's my big homie.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone know when they took the pipe out? To me nothing says swagger like old school Sebastian.

Somewhere in the 2000's, I think. When they did the rebranding with the Canes font. It was before they did that stupid clam thing.

proxy.php

Just slap a couple bandaids on this guy and give him the pipe back.

I don't like this Ibis. Too cartoonish, he's a midget, no pipe or bandaid, and he's wearing Green.

Advertisement
The school took the pipe off of the Sebastian logo because they felt it wasn't "politically correct" to have a mascot that promoted smoking.

I believe this coincided with the whole "Tobacco Free Florida" movement in the mid-late 90s (correct me if I'm wrong timing wise).

Also, I think it was taken off around the same time Florida officially prohibited smoking in places where food was served.

/**** that...bring it back

Advertisement
Back