Bring Back Butch?

Advertisement
you conveniently forgot to mention that there were numerous investigations into the UNC scandal and that Butch Davis was
COMPLETELY EXONERATED in every one of them. He did NOTHING WRONG.

And obviously that wasn't a BD thing, uncheat has had scandal after scandal after scandal in fb & bb pre and post BD. Can you say LOIC lolololol. That's the culture there, ncaa has them covered like bakkka.

Fair or not, Butch was the HC when players received illegal benefits from an agent and the academic scandal as well at UNC. Yes, he was exonerated. That being said, the fact remains he has not been publicly mentioned as being in the mix for any Power 5 jobs (even in the day and age of Twitter where people cannot fart without 10 people tweeting about it) except for Miami when it came open a couple of years ago.

Either the scandals have made Butch persona non grata throughout the NCAA or he is not the slam dunk hire that many of us think he is or both.

Fair or not, Butch was the HC when players received illegal benefits from an agent and the academic scandal as well at UNC. Yes, he was exonerated. That being said, the fact remains he has not been publicly mentioned as being in the mix for any Power 5 jobs (even in the day and age of Twitter where people cannot fart without 10 people tweeting about it) except for Miami when it came open a couple of years ago.

Either the scandals have made Butch persona non grata throughout the NCAA or he is not the slam dunk hire that many of us think he is or both.
butch was sitting around waiting for golden to get fired.

butch was sitting around waiting for golden to get fired.
You really think Butch waited over 5 years for just the chance that the Miami job opened up? Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, USC, and other blue chip football jobs came open since 2010. Places where there is much more fan support and infrastructure to win than Miami could provide, but he just had to wait for this job? Sorry, just doesn't hold water with me.

Advertisement
You really think Butch waited over 5 years for just the chance that the Miami job opened up? Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, USC, and other blue chip football jobs came open since 2010. Places where there is much more fan support and infrastructure to win than Miami could provide, but he just had to wait for this job? Sorry, just doesn't hold water with me.
no. he waited ot get cleared and traveled the country seeing the changes in the game. he started campaigning for the job when golden went mia over penn state.

Thats 100% Bullsh!t....Lol at nobody wanted him??....How do you know??..Have you discussed this with him like I have??....Stop with uninformed BS unless your familiar with the situation...

Don't give af what holds water with you....None whatsoever....Lol at Nobody wanted him....He wasnt allowed to coach ANYWHERE for 4yrs after UNC due to buyout restrictions...Hence..ESPN and consultant to Bucs....

Advertisement
He could have made twice as much as what his buyout with UNC was by taking a job at one of those blue chip schools. Most importantly, he wouldn't have wasted 6 years of his coaching life by being away from the sidelines and could have won a national championship by now. I know it is an emotional issue for many people, but really, take a step back and look at it logically and not as a conspiracy theory always.

He could have made twice as much as what his buyout with UNC was by taking a job at one of those blue chip schools. Most importantly, he wouldn't have wasted 6 years of his coaching life by being away from the sidelines and could have won a national championship by now. I know it is an emotional issue for many people, but really, take a step back and look at it logically and not as a conspiracy theory always.
Look Azzwipe...I'm friends with him for 24yrs....Just stop....Jesus

Advertisement
I wanted Butch back and here’s why:

1. Ran a pro-style system that fits our athletes
2. Defensive guy who always has bad *** D-lines. Produced great defenses here and UNC
3. Always produced good assistants.
4. Best eye for talent in the business
......and 5. Couldn't coach in a live game to save his life. 6. Worst clock manager than raisin head Coker.
At best, Butch is an excellent recruiter and talent evaluator. Also, he would be sick DL coach. Just not a good head coach.
Please stop with the BBB.

......and 5. Couldn't coach in a live game to save his life. 6. Worst clock manager than raisin head Coker.
At best, Butch is an excellent recruiter and talent evaluator. Also, he would be sick DL coach. Just not a good head coach.
Please stop with the BBB.
we just lost to uva and bc, we have kids wanting to transfer and our recruiting class is imploding. Oh yeah. Butch would have been so much worse.

Advertisement
Thats 100% Bullsh!t....Lol at nobody wanted him??....How do you know??..Have you discussed this with him like I have??....Stop with uninformed BS unless your familiar with the situation...
I am not informed. Please tell us why Butch was not mentioned for any of the P5 jobs since 2010? If he was considered, can you say what school it was and why he didn't land the gig? I'm curious

we just lost to uva and bc, we have kids wanting to transfer and our recruiting class is imploding. Oh yeah. Butch would have been so much worse.
I'm not saying CMR is the answer, but I know Butch is not either. Been there, done that.

meanwhile we got richt and a two game losing streak and FIU is curbstomping CUSA opponents with one of the youngest rosters in the country.

That will be the day when UCF, USF and FIU are better than the U, noles and gators

Advertisement
Back