Bring Back Butch?

canadianhurricane

Sophomore
I'm interested in knowing why some of you think BB is the answer to our prayers? I appreciate his eye for talent (and not just the 00 team. I thought his UNC team would be special before shot hit the fan). But, hes almost 2 decades removed from that 00 team. And, outside of Miami, butch is really only known for the scandal at UNC. He needs UM more than UM will ever need him.

And, if UM ends up having to find a new coach in a couple years, why not finally go with a system guy instead of a salesman. Dino, kliffsbury, shoot even Gundy, are all guys who have had success within systems they've created and not just with players they recruited.

Enjoy your Monday!

Advertisement
I'm interested in knowing why some of you think BB is the answer to our prayers? I appreciate his eye for talent (and not just the 00 team. I thought his UNC team would be special before shot hit the fan). But, hes almost 2 decades removed from that 00 team. And, outside of Miami, butch is really only known for the scandal at UNC. He needs UM more than UM will ever need him.

And, if UM ends up having to find a new coach in a couple years, why not finally go with a system guy instead of a salesman. Dino, kliffsbury, shoot even Gundy, are all guys who have had success within systems they've created and not just with players they recruited.

Enjoy your Monday!
let butch come in and groom a young guy like maybe ken dorsey. Butch had a great coaching tree. players just got behind the wrong guy last time in coker.

you conveniently forgot to mention that there were numerous investigations into the UNC scandal and that Butch Davis was
COMPLETELY EXONERATED in every one of them. He did NOTHING WRONG.

Bring Back Butch thread #101

5zQe.gif

The issue with tempo systems like what Dino and kingsbury run is that the defense gets no rest whatsoever and you’re playing in shootouts all the time.

That being said they’re all better than flinstone rick

Advertisement
let butch come in and groom a young guy like maybe ken dorsey. Butch had a great coaching tree. players just got behind the wrong guy last time in coker.

This is why people say Miami fans live in the past. Nobody else in the world is mentioning guys like Butch or Ken Dorsey. What has Dorsey done that he should be our OC or God forbid groomed as our next HC?

Because Canes Dynasty, who seems like a very knowledgable and reasonable fellow, has finally reminded me that Butch Davis was a football God!

I'm beginning to catch the fever that he can be again, back in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
This is why people say Miami fans live in the past. Nobody else in the world is mentioning guys like Butch or Ken Dorsey. What has Dorsey done that he should be our OC or God forbid groomed as our next HC?
He coached Cam Newton into a NFL MVP.
Now, I'm not saying Dorsey should be the OC here. But a QB coach, learning to be an OC...yes. Dorsey called a lot of the audibles that helped us win big when he was here. He was good at reading defenses and making good calls. He was also a video junkey, watching other teams and noting their tendencies. So let him coach our QB's and maybe help the OC design some scripted plays for each individual team we face.

Butch would do well here, he's a good coach, just fell into an unfortunate situation where he was scapegoated in NC.

The issue with tempo systems like what Dino and kingsbury run is that the defense gets no rest whatsoever and you’re playing in shootouts all the time.

That being said they’re all better than flinstone rick
I agree with you, although periodic changes in tempo can be helpful. But what I really like about your post is "FLINTSTONE RICHT"" I read recently ...I think on Fan Sided, that Richt's offense was "archaic" an apt description.

I wanted Butch back and here’s why:

1. Ran a pro-style system that fits our athletes
2. Defensive guy who always has bad *** D-lines. Produced great defenses here and UNC
3. Always produced good assistants.
4. Best eye for talent in the business

Advertisement
Mods can we get a “butch forum section” going so every thread that is about BBB and any thread that gets derailed to BBB can get shuffled there

If we give Richt two more years to fail, we're going to have a harder time than people think just finding interested candidates to replace him.

He coached Cam Newton into a NFL MVP.
Now, I'm not saying Dorsey should be the OC here. But a QB coach, learning to be an OC...yes. Dorsey called a lot of the audibles that helped us win big when he was here. He was good at reading defenses and making good calls. He was also a video junkey, watching other teams and noting their tendencies. So let him coach our QB's and maybe help the OC design some scripted plays for each individual team we face.

Butch would do well here, he's a good coach, just fell into an unfortunate situation where he was scapegoated in NC.

He was also fired from the job and offered by nobody. He's not even in coaching anymore.

Advertisement
Stop with the legacy coaching picks (Butch is not the answer going fwd and yes he WAS THE MAN). We need new young coaching talent from outside the U family. A HC who can relate to todays players.

Advertisement
Back