Brian Schottenheimer

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Decent NFL OC. Too bad Rick didn't bring him here with him. Yes, I know he wasn't exactly killing it at UGA and that's essentially why Rick left/was fired but that entire situation in Athens was toxic with Pruitt's shenanigans too. At least maybe it would've screwed up the timeline for Manny being here.

Advertisement
LOL. He singlehandedly expedited Richt's firing there. That guy is not a good OC. Russell Wilson is just really good at football.

You think his offense would've been worse than Rick's while he was here? It certainly wouldn't have been worse than Enos'.

Obviously having an All Pro QB can make one seem like a genius but the dude can't suck that bad (in the right situation) to be excelling on the NFL level.

Advertisement
I'm obviously playing the results here too and not saying what would've been best overall for our program (Rick bringing a legit OC with him not from UGA).

I'm just asking- Would we be in better spot today if Rick didn't have any issues with Schottenheimer and brought him with him as an actual OC instead of the one we had in title only?

I'm obviously playing the results here too and not saying what would've been best overall for our program (Rick bringing a legit OC with him not from UGA).

I'm just asking- Would we be in better spot today if Rick didn't have any issues with Schottenheimer and brought him with him as an actual OC instead of the one we had in title only?
I don't think the guy who got him fired at one spot would've helped up as the next spot. Nope.

And watching the Seahawks this year, having Russell Wilson has been a lot more instrumental than Schottenheimer being a dynamic OC. Period. They're scoring 17 points right now on a Philly defense that has a ton of injuries and has some of the worst DBs in the league.

@AllAboutTheU exactly

Can't even put up points against this ****bag team, might be one of worst playoff teams

**** I'm more impressed by Eagles OC putting up 9 points with ribless Ertz, a 80 year old QB, and bunch of skeletons as WRs

Advertisement
Again, I'm just wondering if we're anywhere near the depths of **** where we currently reside if a butterfly flapped its wings at a different velocity somewhere along the line.

I'm not advocating for Schottenheimer as a college OC at all but absolutely do think Rick beginning his tenure with an actual OC changes this entire timeframe of unprecedented failure even if you assume he still has the heart attack.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would he come with Russell?

I think he'd come with 76 yr old Marty. He's sadly is deep in the theroes of Alzheimers but would still contribute more than Jon Rick and definitely could stop a 4th and 400 against UNC.

Advertisement
Back