Brian Hightower Transfers to Illinois

Advertisement
OK, well you made my point with yes I guess, but not answering in the other kid....thanks

Were you aware Illinois beat a Top 10 Wisconsin team last season that has butt****ed us two years straight??

I'm going to assume you are not
We should be a better team than Illinois and mostly all the teams we lost to last year but we weren’t a better team. Maybe we had better players on paper but as a team, we sucked, and that definitely starts with the coaching.

I don’t think Hightower’s choice of Illinois is because they are necessarily a better or worse team than Miami but rather, he probably thinks it’s a better situation for him at this time - playing time, coaching, change of environment...

and for those who keep beating the Lashlee/Like hire they were made months after he entered the portal. Now he could have came back if he wanted and Miami agreed but when he made the choice they were not on the staff that just got shutout by Louisiana Technical School

Last edited:
We should be a better team than Illinois and mostly all the teams we lost to last year but we weren’t a better team. Maybe we had better players on paper but as a team, we sucked, and that definitely starts with the coaching.

I don’t think Hightower’s choice of Illinois is because they are necessarily a better or worse team than Miami but rather, he probably thinks it’s a better situation for him at this time - playing time, coaching, change of environment...
I agree, I was responding to guys here who acted like he went from Bama to Rutgers, we are far, far closer to Illinoos than our fans know

Advertisement
Because we were the better team.

Just like we're better than Illinois. I get that everyone hates us and we're garbage and the worst of the worst. But this program shyts down Illinois's neck. And FIU isn't even in the same stratosphere.
unfortunately the scoreboard and official records prove FIU, Duke, GT and Louisiana Technical were the better teams. It is an actual fact and will remain that way for eternity..... all 4 beat the Canes on the field, **** I had the displeasure of watching it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah. It's been overdramatized to death. I wish he would stuck around, but he opted out.

Langham made a much tougher catch in a far more significant moment, and no one ever has a nice thing to say about him.
Langham had game winning catches in back to back games that year, I liked the kid. He didnt play alot but he put FSU and GT to bed that season I back to back weeks. The GT catch was 4th and 28.

unfortunately the scoreboard and official records prove FIU, Duke, GT and Louisiana Technical were the better teams. It is an actual fact and will remain that way for eternity..... all 4 beat the Canes on the field, **** I had the displeasure of watching it
If you can't differentiate between isolated games and a program, then we're just gonna go in circles here. If you think Illinois and FIU are better programs, then good for you. Peace be with you.

Advertisement
If you can't differentiate between isolated games and a program, then we're just gonna go in circles here. If you think Illinois and FIU are better programs, then good for you. Peace be with you.
No, they were better football teams in 2019 though, and Illinois may have been as well. That is what I was discussing. Although for the past 15 years we have been a mediocre football "program" at best.

BYW for the record you said we were the "better team" on the post I quoted, which is false

Because we were the better team.

Just like we're better than Illinois. I get that everyone hates us and we're garbage and the worst of the worst. But this program shyts down Illinois's neck. And FIU isn't even in the same stratosphere.
here ya go

I agree on programs, not on teams

Last edited:
No, they were better football teams in 2019 though, and Illinois may have been as well. That is what I was discussing. Although for the past 15 years we have been a mediocre football "program" at best.

BYW for the record you said we were the "better team" on the post I quoted, which is false
We were the better team than FIU too. We just lost one game to them on one night. And we **** on Illinois too. I won't go back and forth anymore on this because I don't care that much that you think FIU and Illinois are better teams than us, and I'm sure you don't care that much about what I think. Peace be with you.

Advertisement
We were the better team than FIU too. We just lost one game to them on one night. And we **** on Illinois too. I won't go back and forth anymore on this because I don't care that much that you think FIU and Illinois are better teams than us, and I'm sure you don't care that much about what I think. Peace be with you.
10 minutes till Mass adjourns.

I know FIU was better, no back and forth needed there tbh

Best of luck to the kid but leaving your current school for greener pastures is almost always a bad move. This should serve as a cautionary tale.

See D’eriq King, Trevon Hill, Gerald Willis, Bubba Bolden, etc. We can’t frown & thumb our nose at kids who leave to get a breath of fresh air, but make excuses for those that do the same thing if we’re the benefactors. Two way street.

Advertisement
Back