Brian Hartline

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because he is worth the amount of **** you have to put up with to get his production.

It always goes down to the Jimmy Johnson ratio.
I get that, and maybe Mario's different, but if he ends up being a problem, is it really worth it?

Hartline isn’t leaving. Basically gets paid 1.6 mill to recruit 2-3 WRs a year.
You sure he's ok with that? If he has bigger aspirations, staying there and doing that will end up hurting him. Fine line between being content and being hungry.

You sure he's ok with that? If he has bigger aspirations, staying there and doing that will end up hurting him. Fine line between being content and being hungry.
100%. This is what he wants. At least right now for his family. Maybe that changes if Day gets fired.

maybe. maybe not.

It has to be frustrating for a guy like Hartline to work his butt off to recruit/coach/develop like he does only to passed over by someone who’s only claim to fame was yelling at Tom Brady and somehow winning a Super Bol with him. Heck Brady got losers like Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels SB rings.

Hartline doesn’t need the money but if did he could easily make the same if not more in the NFL and not have to worry about recruiting teenagers.
Recruiting is the only reason he's there.

Advertisement
I’m not an insider but every once in a while, because of where I work and what I do, I will either run into or work with someone who is.

OSU staff is a fckng mess right now and it’s been a mess for a while.
This is a PM I sent someone back in August.
IMG_4535.png

Has he ever been a coordinator anywhere? Doesn't really matter as Ryan Day calls the plays I believe. Good step up for him.

Advertisement
That's exactly what I'd expect. Maybe feels like he's never going to get a real chance to call plays under Ryan Day so time to move on to another path if he wants to progress.

We've always had the feeling that he may not actually want to progress. He could've had an OC gig at multiple hot spots by now. I think Mario even offered him Co-OC at one point.

Advertisement
it was reported that Hartline is ok coaching and recruiting WRs, he is supposedly a very anxious guy.

The original plan was for him to take the play calling duties last year but it never happened, I wonder if that was his choice if the reports are true.
An anxious professional wide receiver? No wonder he was a better number two for the dolphins

Advertisement
Back