Brian Edwards

Was just talking with his coach Pierre Senatus for a while ... he thinks this is really a Miami-UF battle with Louisville out of it (mom is adamant he stay in Florida). He says Florida "could be an option," but UM had a huge lead entering this weekend's visit to Florida that Edwards took with his mother (mom did not visit Louisville with him). Senatus feels strongly he'll wind up a Cane in the end, though ... that's in part because Edwards loves UM, and also because UF came on Edwards late - the head coach and his position coach never even visited the school or his house, only Randy Shannon came.

Meanwhile Canes have been showing a ton of love.

I also spoke to Brian briefly this morning but he didn't want to talk about where UF now stands ... so stay tuned on that.

By the way coach also thinks Brian may not wait until signing day, so he could announce as soon as today or tomorrow if that's the case.

As an aside Senatus is ultra-impressed with Richt and his staff. He saw Richt, Diaz, Banda and Rumph out at Dade-Broward youth game scouting 7th and 8th graders to do their way-in-advance homework.

Senatus also says he's shocked that a lot of coaches nowadays aren't asking him for "the good and the bad film" of recruits, that "they are simply watching four minutes of highlights" and offering. UM does it the old school way, watching good film, bad film and doing all the homework in between.

“Miami’s on it – coach Richt is not playing," Senatus said. "They are on it, they are at games, breaking it down. Coach (Richt) does not miss anything.”

The Rivals update

Local coaches said a lot of good things about Golden as well, but good to hear this and can't help but think these methods start to pay off for Richt and company.

It's part of his culture and beliefs building from the ground up #patience

Advertisement
So, his mom did go to Florida with him?

It appears so. He's all Cane though. Basically even the most connected people don't know much during actual visits, better to wait patiently to find out.. but where's the fun in that!

Advertisement
I believe both CJ and Edwards are going to commit to Miami, just a belief based on the weight of the information, but wouldn't be making a bet on it, you never know in the age of bags,

I'm not too worried about Edwards. Pete says he's coming.

If Edwards didn't bring his mom, then it was a free trip. That being said, I still think he favors us but I don't see him as a 100% lock.

Advertisement
Sounds like Coach Senatus was taking a major shot at Parrotnose with that comment of scouting off a 4 minute highlight video. What you got for him, [MENTION=10805]PAR[/MENTION]rotnose ?

Was just talking with his coach Pierre Senatus for a while ... he thinks this is really a Miami-UF battle with Louisville out of it (mom is adamant he stay in Florida). He says Florida "could be an option," but UM had a huge lead entering this weekend's visit to Florida that Edwards took with his mother (mom did not visit Louisville with him). Senatus feels strongly he'll wind up a Cane in the end, though ... that's in part because Edwards loves UM, and also because UF came on Edwards late - the head coach and his position coach never even visited the school or his house, only Randy Shannon came.

Meanwhile Canes have been showing a ton of love.

I also spoke to Brian briefly this morning but he didn't want to talk about where UF now stands ... so stay tuned on that.

By the way coach also thinks Brian may not wait until signing day, so he could announce as soon as today or tomorrow if that's the case.

As an aside Senatus is ultra-impressed with Richt and his staff. He saw Richt, Diaz, Banda and Rumph out at Dade-Broward youth game scouting 7th and 8th graders to do their way-in-advance homework.

Senatus also says he's shocked that a lot of coaches nowadays aren't asking him for "the good and the bad film" of recruits, that "they are simply watching four minutes of highlights" and offering. UM does it the old school way, watching good film, bad film and doing all the homework in between.

“Miami’s on it – coach Richt is not playing," Senatus said. "They are on it, they are at games, breaking it down. Coach (Richt) does not miss anything.”

The Rivals update

Local coaches said a lot of good things about Golden as well, but good to hear this and can't help but think these methods start to pay off for Richt and company.

Didn't take long for someone to poke his peter in my meatloaf. "Yeah this is great, but Folden."

Advertisement
The Rivals update

Which local coach ever spoke well about golden?

There were interviews everywhere when he took over with countless coach quotes, how he was everywhere/as opposed to Shannon who was nowhere. Rivals did an article when time 11-12ish with quotes from at least 8-10 local HS coaches how different it was and how hard Golden was working locally.

The results were the problem.

A lot of coaches hated golden and hated him publicly

Many more spoke in his favor until his final season there. Publicly...In Rivals, Herald, etc...articles every chance they could.

Advertisement
Had totally forgotten about this kid, he was their 4th string corner. Probably be 3rd or 4th if he was here.

Advertisement
Back