Brian edwards

LOL at everyone in a panic mode about Oregon. How many guys have they stolen from us? They're getting guys to visit? Wow.

Gibson? Who cares? Addition by subtraction. We'll replace him with someone better. And he'll probably end up at USF anyway.

It took Mario Cristobal three years to make a real impact in South Florida as a recruiter to ALABAMA as Alabama was winning championships...if he ends up at Oregon, I don't think he'll ever get quite this impactful in South Florida again...and I think Willie T (who I do like, FWIW) will find attempting to make South Florida a pipeline a rarely fruitful endeavor.

Despite the boom by Bama this year for a disproportionate number of recruits, its still a Miami, FSU territory with Florida cherry picking with the rest of the flavor of the year schools that'll get a guy here and there, but it won't often be very consistent outside of your major powers (Bama, Ohio State).

If Miami gets back to ******* winning none of this **** will matter anyway, as those tippy top guys will finally start staying home instead of making the "business decisions" -- which is funny, considering Miami still produces as much talent as anyone in the nation, and are consistently outperforming draft slot and their Major Power 5 Counterparts once they get to the league (compare Allen Hurns career numbers versus Amari Cooper and Sammy Watkins - not SoFla, but I digress, its an example)

Advertisement
People need to relax a bit. Still have nearly 3 weeks to go. These coaches aren't sitting idle. We closed strong last year and they're gearing up for a repeat.

For what it's worth--from another site---Thursday 12th

"Miramar High coach Pierre Senatus said of the Cane coaches that "They're great. We had a great talk about Brian, it was my first time having coach Diaz in the building. To see the coaches here, I think it's a very intelligent move having those guys come out. ... It's their time to build a rapport with the student-athlete."

"Asked what shape UM is in as of now, Edwards said, "Miami's in good shape. They have a good relationship with my mom as well. I like the coaches that would be coaching me up."

"Edwards stresses that his mother will "be a big factor" in his decision."

"Once you ask my mom about schools outside the state, she makes that face like `Oh, I don't want you to go there.' I see that," he said. "And knowing Miami is right here, that she can come to every game, is another big factor."

"Asked his take on if the Canes have a decent chance to land Edwards as of now, Senatus said, "Oh, absolutely. I think they have done a really good job and he's shown genuine interest, has been transparent. He was an early commit (to UM before decommitting), he is doing some due diligence, but they're in great position."

"He has to take these trips and get together with his family and see what's best for himself."

"Edwards says it'll be a signing day decision and that "after all my visits I'll know what I want to do. It'll be a hard decision for me."

Sounds good but who knows ... Crooting

For what it's worth--from another site---Thursday 12th

"Miramar High coach Pierre Senatus said of the Cane coaches that "They're great. We had a great talk about Brian, it was my first time having coach Diaz in the building. To see the coaches here, I think it's a very intelligent move having those guys come out. ... It's their time to build a rapport with the student-athlete."

"Asked what shape UM is in as of now, Edwards said, "Miami's in good shape. They have a good relationship with my mom as well. I like the coaches that would be coaching me up."

"Edwards stresses that his mother will "be a big factor" in his decision."

"Once you ask my mom about schools outside the state, she makes that face like `Oh, I don't want you to go there.' I see that," he said. "And knowing Miami is right here, that she can come to every game, is another big factor."

"Asked his take on if the Canes have a decent chance to land Edwards as of now, Senatus said, "Oh, absolutely. I think they have done a really good job and he's shown genuine interest, has been transparent. He was an early commit (to UM before decommitting), he is doing some due diligence, but they're in great position."

"He has to take these trips and get together with his family and see what's best for himself."

"Edwards says it'll be a signing day decision and that "after all my visits I'll know what I want to do. It'll be a hard decision for me."

Oregon is really starting to **** me the F off.

What do you expect them to do? Taggert, Leavett, and Cristobal are all from the state of Florida and that's what they know. Of course they are going to try and recruit the big boys from down here. Won't make much of a difference though. They are going to find out the hard way that most of these kids aren't going to go 3000 miles away from home when they have just as good or better programs here to play for. I said it before and I'll say it again, Taggert needs to be getting coaches familiar with the west coast. I think, while these guys are good coaches, they are the wrong fit at Oregon. No familiarity with the area and the schools.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If this dude's mommy wants him close to home then you know for goddam sure he ain't going to fck *** Eugene Oregon. Takes 8 hours to get to that desolate dump via plane. It's like traveling the distance to Hawaii to go to the cultural equivalent of Okeechobee, FL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Edwards is a career backup and special teams player.

Not that excited about him but would take.

If this dude's mommy wants him close to home then you know for goddam sure he ain't going to fck *** Eugene Oregon. Takes 8 hours to get to that desolate dump via plane. It's like traveling the distance to Hawaii to go to the cultural equivalent of Okeechobee, FL.

we've heard repeatedly "the family likes miami" line, but that is usually not compelling enough, unfortunately.

just like whether to turn pro or not, these things are unpredictable

Advertisement
Back