Brian Edwards ability/ceiling

Advertisement
I think his ceiling his sky-high. I know the coaches love him. He is extremely physically impressive in person.

Legit 6'3, athletic build, very smooth and coordinated. He also has some short-area burst for a tall guy (Top 8 in state in high jump). I see him as a CB. That's his preferred position and he has the ideal length and fluidity. What he lacks in pure speed (4.6ish to my eyes) he makes up for in overall athleticism. Some have him pegged at safety, but I'm not sure he's physical enough.

Big-time talent who is way underrated nationally.

Was shocked by his short area movement, does a really good job of transitioning weight quickly. Agreed on safety, think that limits his strengths and exposes his weaknesses, height doesn't move people to safeties, lack of mobility does.
I have to see him here, but I think he's a very specific type of Corner or a Safety who can do a lot more. If that's the case, I'd try him at both, but be very open to a move to Safety in our current system. Short area is, in fact, above average. Really smooth changing direction. Why do you think Safety exposes his weaknesses?

Mainly as a run defender, just don't see him as a guy who is gonna close in open space and win consistently. Think he'll mess with every WR in the world, don't think he's gonna want to mess around with backs and TE all day. Also want to keep him away from the slot as much as possible.

I do see upside as a single high safety, don't think that maximizes his skill set though. Would obviously need to see how he handles that mentally to say for sure though.

Beast. I always see him as a cb. Just saw him again in dade vs broward all star game.look fluid as **** as a cb. As a cb h3 has similarities to Antonio Cromartie. Though Cromartie may have had more short area butst..but long arms, wiry types with fluid feet

That's one **** of a comparison, but I don't see it. Edwards looks versatile, but Cromartie was electrifying and to date, some of the best high school footage I've ever seen at his position. Crazy fast before the knee injuries as well. Again, no knock on Edwards, Cromartie was just a freak.

Advertisement
I think we now have an imaginative D staff that looks for athletic "football players" and will figure out where they can best help. CB, nickel/dime, blitzing.. Finally I trust the coaching staff to find and maximize talent. I just hope the offense can do the same.

I think his ceiling his sky-high. I know the coaches love him. He is extremely physically impressive in person.

Legit 6'3, athletic build, very smooth and coordinated. He also has some short-area burst for a tall guy (Top 8 in state in high jump). I see him as a CB. That's his preferred position and he has the ideal length and fluidity. What he lacks in pure speed (4.6ish to my eyes) he makes up for in overall athleticism. Some have him pegged at safety, but I'm not sure he's physical enough.

Big-time talent who is way underrated nationally.

[HUDL]video/3/4720704/58180d6e90f9931ca043fd4e[/HUDL]

I've heard you say you've been waiting for Miami to bring in that rangy safety that can cover all types of ground. Why isn't that Edwards?

The story goes that we were recruiting him at safety at first, but he prefers CB and didn't like that. So we told him, "Fine, you athletic freak, whatever you say!" Finally a staff that is a) adaptive instead of rigid and/or b) knows how to play the game. With a staff like this, maybe we get kids like Torrance Gibson.

I prefer him at safety because I question his pure speed and ability to recover. That said, he's an athletic freak and real long (including in crank), so I think he might make for a stud CB, too.

All we need!

Advertisement
Back