Brian Blades ll

Albe305

Freshman
What's the deal? No UM offer as of yet, is he UM caliber? Rivals has him as a 3*. Plays at Western with James Williams and has offers from Minnesota, Pitt, Syracuse and Indiana.
5'10 @ 160

Advertisement
DB0A3B9B-B39C-43CB-AC8E-CB15107DCDE6.jpeg

He can play... the staff has probably not evaluated him and they are probably not in a rush to. You have Burns, already commited, Kevin Knowles, Tavarish Dawson, Blades, and Mcburrow. All talented, good, and around 5'10. UM will probably take 2 small corners at most. If he wants a spot he probably is just gonna have to out perform the other guys at Paradise camp.

Advertisement
What's the deal? No UM offer as of yet, is he UM caliber? Rivals has him as a 3*. Plays at Western with James Williams and has offers from Minnesota, Pitt, Syracuse and Indiana.
5'10 @ 160

I'm by no means a recruiting guru but HOPEFULLY this staff is well off the legacy BS. Not saying Blades doesn't deserve an offer, but I'm tired of dudes getting them because of the name. Among the underperformers/busts:

-Javarris James
-AJ Highsmith
-Scott Patchan
-Ray Lewis III
-Kevin Olsen
-Evidence Njoku

Patchan catches a little too much flack IMO but definitely isn't great, Baby J was OK, Blades is looking like the best of the bunch. The rest were insignificant to disastrous. And I know I'm forgetting several, but can't think of any that were truly good.

Advertisement
I'm by no means a recruiting guru but HOPEFULLY this staff is well off the legacy BS. Not saying Blades doesn't deserve an offer, but I'm tired of dudes getting them because of the name. Among the underperformers/busts:

-Javarris James
-AJ Highsmith
-Scott Patchan
-Ray Lewis III
-Kevin Olsen
-Evidence Njoku

Patchan catches a little too much flack IMO but definitely isn't great, Baby J was OK, Blades is looking like the best of the bunch. The rest were insignificant to disastrous. And I know I'm forgetting several, but can't think of any that were truly good.

Javarris James shouldnt be on this list at all.

Highmsith was somewhat a contributor as Patchan. The rest i get it.

-Javarris James
-AJ Highsmith
-Scott Patchan
-Ray Lewis III
-Kevin Olsen
-Evidence Njoku

Jeff James
Michael Irvin Jr.

Advertisement

-Javarris James
-AJ Highsmith
-Scott Patchan
-Ray Lewis III
-Kevin Olsen
-Evidence Njoku

yea I’m witchu. I’m not about just throwing offers based off bloodlines. Of that list tho I would say Ray and Aj were the only one who shouldn’t have even been offered based off talent. I’d also add the safety we took that was related to Edge . Kevin Olsen, James, Njoku and Scott all had p5 talent and didn’t pan out for various reason

OP forgot Al Blades who started for us on a secondary that included, Reed, Rumph and Buchanon. A couple we passed on, HB Blades, Zach Latimer both could have helped us.

Advertisement
yea I’m witchu. I’m not about just throwing offers based off bloodlines. Of that list tho I would say Ray and Aj were the only one who shouldn’t have even been offered based off talent. I’d also add the safety we took that was related to Edge . Kevin Olsen, James, Njoku and Scott all had p5 talent and didn’t pan out for various reason

You're right, but there are quite a few more that we're forgetting.

Pat Bethel was one too.

Advertisement
Back