Brevin

All this interviewed poorly stuff has me stumped.

I don’t know how many of you have met with him or been around him, and I’m certainly no expert, but I’ve been around a little bit, and I’ve seen him interact with other people, and all I’ve seen is a gracious, and socially adept young man.

He is not someone that I would expect to interview poorly based on my observations. He knows how to handle himself around all kinds of people, from corporate to slobbering fans. This surprises me.

Is it possible that he didn’t answer some questions the way that the interviewers wanted him to answer the questions? Maybe that’s what it is. But as far as demeanor and comportment, he’s always been right on the money.
Yes, it’s strange. Maybe some teams purposely criticize or ask provoking questions, just to see his reaction?

Advertisement
Interviewing is a skill and interviewers are always looking for a particular answer.

I consider myself a well adjusted person and highly skilled - but like all of us I've lost out on jobs to less able people because they vibed (or lied :ROFLMAO:) with the interviewer more.
The idea of a football prospect’s interviewing skills mattering is laughable.

I am a Brevin Jordan fan. I am a Miami fan. But I got to say I am frustrated with these kids who try to take short cuts. I am frustrated with the people who hang around the program and leach on to these kids and steer them in the wrong direction. These kids on their 3 year plan hurts their 10 year plan. 1-3 rounds and the NFL team that drafted you has an investment in you. They are cheering for you. They will make sure the assistant coaches give you all the coaching in the meetings and practice reps. Everyone needs these to be successful. Now when you get drafted in the 5th round the NFL team does not look at you as an investment. Your a camp body. Your only chance is if someone or 2 get hurt in front of you and your the next guy up. And your time is ticking now and Brevin is still young and needed the extra year to develop and grow up. Good luck to him because that is what he will need most.

I am a Brevin Jordan fan. I am a Miami fan. But I got to say I am frustrated with these kids who try to take short cuts. I am frustrated with the people who hang around the program and leach on to these kids and steer them in the wrong direction. These kids on their 3 year plan hurts their 10 year plan. 1-3 rounds and the NFL team that drafted you has an investment in you. They are cheering for you. They will make sure the assistant coaches give you all the coaching in the meetings and practice reps. Everyone needs these to be successful. Now when you get drafted in the 5th round the NFL team does not look at you as an investment. Your a camp body. Your only chance is if someone or 2 get hurt in front of you and your the next guy up. And your time is ticking now and Brevin is still young and needed the extra year to develop and grow up. Good luck to him because that is what he will need most.
Mallory is a much better prospect. My guess is he had a little something to do with Brevin’s decision. If Mallory avoids injury, he’s going to have a huge year imo.

Yeah maybe or maybe not. All we’re hearing is third hand stuff and I don’t always put stock in it. The questions could’ve very well been about his injury history and that might have shaken him up a little bit who knows.

Put it this way, there have been hundreds, maybe thousands, of guys that are way more lacking in the character department drafted much higher than him in the past. The difference was those guys tested better athletically.
It's easy to 2nd guess when not privy to all the info. It's quite a mission to sift through the bull crap to get to the truth.

Advertisement
This "he can come back free of charge" gets repeated ad nauseum and is laughable.

How many of these guys come back and take classes while working to pay for everything else associated with finishing their degree? As an athlete they get room and board, a stipend, training, therapy, tutoring, etc. .... returning they get tuition and have to pay for everything else.

I'd really like to know the percentage of guys that get drafted late or are UDFA that actually DO come back and finish their degree after washing out in the pros?
Most of these dudes who.leave have around 2 semesters at worse worth of classes to complete.

Alot of them do. Pay for everything else like what though?. The main financial part is covered in tuition. Got**** Chad Wilson returned on his own time and completed his degree.

Yes, it’s strange. Maybe some teams purposely criticize or ask provoking questions, just to see his reaction?
You're spot on . Those front office dudes are into all angles. All it takes is a couple of draft picks to be an investment liability because of their mental state. The next year they hire a psychiatrist and use them in the vetting process.

Brevin and GR both had injury issues. Brevin I think should have gone.
GR is viewed as soft. This draft has punished opt outs. He didn’t even give manny a heads up. He texted
Him during an interview. That’s weak
GR bothered me just because he was a one year wonder and then said yeah I got mine. Can't blame the kid but when thinking about the team it wasn't really the team player thing to do.

A lot of people go back and forth but in reality everyone has a point. Can't blame kids for going but a lot of them, especially recently, have gotten some real bad advice. Again though, when people are in their ears and they really don't like going to school then their opinion is easily changed.

Advertisement
Partly to blame is the whole recruiting hype nonsense. Wasn't Martell offered in the 8th grade? Says a lot.....

Advertisement
Most of these dudes who.leave have around 2 semesters at worse worth of classes to complete.

Alot of them do. Pay for everything else like what though?. The main financial part is covered in tuition. Got**** Chad Wilson returned on his own time and completed his degree.

school should send Choad a bill

Advertisement
Part of our fan base has really turned into some haters.

making all these sophisticated arguments about kids leaving money on the table as if you give a **** about their family or financial situation.

you want them back for one reason you think it they can help us win games.

If you really care about Brevin you can disagree with his choice but respect his decision and root for his success instead of tearing down his game to try and prove you know what’s best for his life.

P.s. some of these comments have me confused. Why do y’all want a “body catching”, unathletic, under sized, can’t block nobody” TE to come back to the team anyways? 🧐

Is your memory limited to one year and exclusively the tight end position?
Nope. He is the only player that I can remember that was a key piece that was consistently hurt. As unreliable as it gets. Maybe Coley? but he had a healthy senior year iirc

Herndon. No doubt....
I believe Hendon was a 5th year senior when he left UM. Njoku had the measurables and it’s understandable that he left early, but I was more impressed with how Herndon played. I saw Hendon play live at UM, and I thought he was the best all-around TE in the ACC. He could block, catch and do it all. If I wanted to show a young TE how to play the game, I would pop in Hendon’s tape.

Advertisement
Back