Brevin

All this interviewed poorly stuff has me stumped.

I don’t know how many of you have met with him or been around him, and I’m certainly no expert, but I’ve been around a little bit, and I’ve seen him interact with other people, and all I’ve seen is a gracious, and socially adept young man.

He is not someone that I would expect to interview poorly based on my observations. He knows how to handle himself around all kinds of people, from corporate to slobbering fans. This surprises me.

Is it possible that he didn’t answer some questions the way that the interviewers wanted him to answer the questions? Maybe that’s what it is. But as far as demeanor and comportment, he’s always been right on the money.

Advertisement
I wish him the best, but he was very misused at Miami.

Did you look at the stats of some of the tight ends drafted above him? Do you even know what you’re talking about? Can you provide some specifics? Let me answer the question for you, you don’t know what the fūck you’re talking about.

Did you look at the stats of some of the tight ends drafted above him? Do you even know what you’re talking about? Can you provide some specifics? Let me answer the question for you, you don’t know what the fūck you’re talking about.
All the injuries kill the misuse narrative. If he's not on the field? How can you use him?

Advertisement
All the injuries kill the misuse narrative. If he's not on the field? How can you use him?

And it’s not like he wasn’t catching balls, when he played, he got used. I mean I guess they could’ve come up with more plays to highlight him, but he did have his chances, and like Dmoney was saying before, he actually had better stats than somebody was drafted in the first round for us as a tight end.

At the end of the day, I think what hurt him was his pro day to a certain extent, and then also his injury history, to what extent each had a role I couldn’t say - but I think they both played into him dropping down.

Still, lots of guys make it in the fifth round and go on to have long careers. It’s not the end of the world.

And it’s not like he wasn’t catching balls, when he played, he got used. I mean I guess they could’ve come up with more plays to highlight him, but he did have his chances, and like Dmoney was saying before, he actually had better stats than somebody was drafted in the first round for us as a tight end.

At the end of the day, I think what hurt him was his pro day to a certain extent, and then also his injury history, to what extent each had a role I couldn’t say - but I think they both played into him dropping down.

Still, lots of guys make it in the fifth round and go on to have long careers. It’s not the end of the world.
In thw whole process leading up to the draft a red flag must've popped up. Always one renegade GM will take a risk if they see upside in a player. It seems like they didn't....

In thw whole process leading up to the draft a red flag must've popped up. Always one renegade GM will take a risk if they see upside in a player. It seems like they didn't....

Yeah maybe or maybe not. All we’re hearing is third hand stuff and I don’t always put stock in it. The questions could’ve very well been about his injury history and that might have shaken him up a little bit who knows.

Put it this way, there have been hundreds, maybe thousands, of guys that are way more lacking in the character department drafted much higher than him in the past. The difference was those guys tested better athletically.

Advertisement
So what he fell in the draft. He will now get his shot and it is his job to prove everybody wrong...Wouldn't be the first time somebody fell in the draft only to light it up.
Brevin and GR both had injury issues. Brevin I think should have gone.
GR is viewed as soft. This draft has punished opt outs. He didn’t even give manny a heads up. He texted
Him during an interview. That’s weak

When all else fails blame someone else.....

Good closing argument theme ...LOL
So far I’ve seen:

1. Misused by Lashlee and/or not a fit for that system (pretty sure a similar contention was made in regard to Jeff Thomas)

2. His agent didn’t properly prepare him for the interview process (also pretty sure this was said about another player in a previous draft - don’t recall who it was at the moment).
At least his agent wasn’t Peter Ariz (?), otherwise we’d probably see at least a hundred posts bashing that guy too.

Advertisement
I wish him the best, but he was very misused at Miami.
He didn't come near to living up to his hype. That happens a lot to Bishop Gorman supposed studs. Then again, until this year he had a variety of scatter arms trying to throw him the ball.

Donald Trump Lol GIF by GIPHY News
Awesome picture. A full of **** politician standing next to the President.

Advertisement
All this interviewed poorly stuff has me stumped.

I don’t know how many of you have met with him or been around him, and I’m certainly no expert, but I’ve been around a little bit, and I’ve seen him interact with other people, and all I’ve seen is a gracious, and socially adept young man.

He is not someone that I would expect to interview poorly based on my observations. He knows how to handle himself around all kinds of people, from corporate to slobbering fans. This surprises me.

Is it possible that he didn’t answer some questions the way that the interviewers wanted him to answer the questions? Maybe that’s what it is. But as far as demeanor and comportment, he’s always been right on the money.
Interviewing is a skill and interviewers are always looking for a particular answer.

I consider myself a well adjusted person and highly skilled - but like all of us I've lost out on jobs to less able people because they vibed (or lied :ROFLMAO:) with the interviewer more.

Advertisement
Back