Brevin Jordan status vs VT?

Advertisement
Brevin Jordan is reaching Michael Jordan type status

and what I mean by that is, the fact that the myth and legend surrounding both of those athletes actually exceeds what they did on the court / field.
mr rogers clown GIF

give people a break on Brevin. The frustration stems from being teased for 3 years running with his obvious talent and play making only to have the rug pulled from under us by his consistent injuries. The injuries are obviously not his fault, but you can understand the frustration.
And the frustration becomes magnified with the idea that he may declare early making his entire UM career nothing but a tease.

As a Univ of Michigan fan I admittedly feel the same about Jamal Crawford, who in his 1 year at Michigan played about 15 games before his injury and then declared for the draft. It worked out well for Jamal but left Michigan fans wanting more. I'm sure Duke basketball fans feel the same about Kyrie Irving.
Actually, I don't understand it at all. The morons act like Brevin wants to be hurt and deprive them of him playing. He plays hard, and is a great ambassador for my alma mater. I understand where you might feel compassion for the mindless rubes on here given that you're a University of Michigan fan in some sports and a University of Miami fan in others.

Being bummed out that he's hurt is one thing. Being a sorry little hater bytch is a totally different thing.

Give me Brevin, Will, Harley, and 2nd half NC State Pope and we will be cookin. Hopefully the freshmen WR’s are back so we could see guys like Redding and Smith get their chances.

Advertisement
I’ll just say this and be done with it man. I’ve seen Darren Waller. And sure he’s a little bigger than he was when he started but he ain’t that big of a guy. Maybe pitts busts and y’all are right. Maybe he doesn’t

I’ll just say this and be done with it man. I’ve seen Darren Waller. And sure he’s a little bigger than he was when he started but he ain’t that big of a guy. Maybe pitts busts and y’all are right. Maybe he doesn’t
I’m not necessarily saying he’s a bust , I’m saying he’s not a te. I wouldn’t draft him because he’s risky as **** imo. Maybe he can find a hybrid role but true te is very doubtful.

Actually, I don't understand it at all. The morons act like Brevin wants to be hurt and deprive them of him playing. He plays hard, and is a great ambassador for my alma mater. I understand where you might feel compassion for the mindless rubes on here given that you're a University of Michigan fan in some sports and a University of Miami fan in others.

Being bummed out that he's hurt is one thing. Being a sorry little hater bytch is a totally different thing.

People also ignore that Brevin Jordan was pretty much the starter as a true freshman, at a time when other TEs (such as Kyle Pitts) can largely take a year to learn the position and add weight to their frames (including Kyle Pitts, who was a backup as a true freshman and caught all of 3 passes).

Nobody is making excuses, but we have to take into account that we put Brevin in the starting role from Day 1. And TE is a physically demanding position, so he might, just might, get a bit more banged up as a result.

Advertisement
I think Pitts is a really good player. I just consider him a big WR. I don't get the Comparison to the 260-265 Jimmy Graham. Graham is a truck. Pitts is maybe 230.

Don't forget that Waller was a WR at GT and then knocked around practice squads and got cut a bunch before finally breaking out 4 years after being drafted. He's had 5 years to put on some size and strength.

People also ignore that Brevin Jordan was pretty much the starter as a true freshman, at a time when other TEs (such as Kyle Pitts) can largely take a year to learn the position and add weight to their frames (including Kyle Pitts, who was a backup as a true freshman and caught all of 3 passes).

Nobody is making excuses, but we have to take into account that we put Brevin in the starting role from Day 1. And TE is a physically demanding position, so he might, just might, get a bit more banged up as a result.
And Brevin actually plays TE and is in the muck getting banged around every play unlike Pitts, who is a WR.

Advertisement
Don't forget that Waller was a WR at GT and then knocked around practice squads and got cut a bunch before finally breaking out 4 years after being drafted. He's had 5 years to put on some size and strength.
Hey man we’ll see

I think that until proven otherwise Jordan has mailed it in and we should not expect to see him play.
That's what I've been thinking as well. NFL won't like the fact that he's probably missed something equal to about a year's worth of games since he's been here.

Advertisement
I don’t even think Pitts busts, I just don’t think he’s a TE. Brevin is a more well-rounded TE, Pitts is an explosive weapon.

Pitts weighs less than Evan Engram and is 3 inches taller, just too skinny to do anything more than the occasional chip and release.

I have no inside info or know anything more than you guys do, but just going off the interviews it seems Brevin was banged up for 2 games with the shoulder injury and missed last weeks game due to COVID.

Manny said today that he could not comment any further on if Brevin could go this week and it sounded like he was implying Brevin needed to pass the last COVID test before the game to get the green light.

Look around College Football at the TE position, is he a top 5 TE or a top 10 TE? There are a lot of good Tight ends playing every Saturday.

Advertisement
Back