Brevin Jordan recaps ND game + talks QB Williams

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
BJJ.jpg

Miami 2018 tight end commit Brevin Jordan was in Miami this weekend to watch the Hurricanes make a statement against Notre Dame. Jordan recapped his trip with Canesinsight.

“It was just crazy, dude – it was insane. When I committed to Miami, a lot of people were talking mess about how fans don’t go to the games, so when I went to the game yesterday it was just insane,” Jordan said. “It was so loud that your ears…you could just feel it. It was crazy.”

“They disrespected us after we beat Virginia Tech, so the hate is for sure still real. Even though were number one or two in all these different rankings, they don't want to see Miami rise again. College football is scared to see Miami at the top,” he said.

One of the best things about the weekend according to Jordan was being able to hang around his future teammates, which is something he is not able to normally do as a Las Vegas product.

“I met a lot of them at The Opening, but being at the game with all of them and kicking it in the lounge with them and stuff was real cool. We all have a pretty close bond, so getting the dub yesterday and doing it like that was great,” Jordan explained.

The Canes had a number of commits in the building for their huge win over Notre Dame, but right at the top of the priority list is QB Jarren Williams, who is UM’s top choice at quarterback for the class now.

“Aw man, he loved it. I personally think we get him and have him in the bag. I thin we got him to be honest with you,” Jordan said about Miami’s chances of landing Williams.

In addition to Williams, the Canes TE commit says, “the fullback Realus George is gonna commit soon.”

Jordan has been having himself quite the season at Bishop Gorman, logging 47 receptions, 956 yards and 13 touchdowns.

“My main motivation is just to perform to the best of my ability so I can just go and be ready. I don’t want to be the freshman that everybody questions. I want to go to Miami next year and be an absolute stud right away.”

Jordan will be back in Coral Gables for his official visit on December 16th weekend with the rest of the Storm 18 commits and top targets. His message to Miami fans after last night?

“The Canes fans are crazy. They’re the best fans in college football. They’re better than Michigan fans, better than all the Florida fans. Canes fans have a different swag to them.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
J Williams in the bag? Great news on this glorious Sunday.

Side note: not sure how many ppl saw but in B Jordan's last game he landed scary awkward on a play in the endzone so glad it didn't turn out to be a sever injury.

Advertisement
These recruits have to be counting down the days until they get on campus, This feels like the beginning of another 30 for 30 series and who wouldnt wanna be a part of that! Good look to Brevin! Keep doing your thang out there Cane!

Advertisement
This year's DJ Dallas. He's an out of state kid who has always wanted to be a Cane and is a true embodiment of what it means to be a Miami guy.

He will have an immediate impact.

Advertisement
No question about it, Brevin's my favorite recruit this year. Intelligent leader type. Doesn't hurt that he's simply the best TE in the country too

Advertisement
Kid has been my favorite croot since the very first interview I read, talking up TEU and being as real as you can expect from a teenager. I love Njoku early on and this kid could exceed his production if not outright athleticism. He is PRIMED to be a lifelong member of the Canes family.

Gotta love this kid’s heart and where his mind is.

Excited about the future of this program! Really hope we can land Jarren Williams I think he’s a baller and will help push Kosi to get better.

Love Brevin, gonna be a day 1 stud and the next great 1 out of TEU. He was money on George, have to like our chances with Williams.

Advertisement
Back