Brevin Jordan is too good

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] already has this stuff covered in your absence, there is a thread about it on the first page. Any recruiting news [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] ?

Advertisement
To those saying he's better than x, y, and z ahead of him.

How many game highlights have you watched of the others? What kind of stats are they putting up? What do you base those statements on?

Jordan looks like the real deal, but I haven't paid close attention to anyone ahead of him. I used to 10 years ago, not anymore. He will do fine here providing he remains healthy as he's a great prospect.

I would bet those saying that Brevin is better know very little about the other guys ahead of him.

Jeremy Ruckert - not impressed with his Jr highlights. Outjumped a bunch of short guys and never got a ton of separation like Mallory/Jordan.
Zack ***** - similar to Mallory. Kid will be split out wide until he adds 30-50lbs. Lots of upside but likely to sit for 2-3 years at a top program.
Luke Ford- kid looks like a day one player for anyone similar to Jordan. Ford may have more upside as he is a lot taller.
Cameron Jurgens - kid looks good but he isn't playing Gorman's comp. He plays against a ton of slow small kids but it is pretty clear he has talent.
Mustapha Muhammad- Best looking out of the group. Can play day one but also looks to have some upside to grow and improve.

Jordan has shown out vs some of the best teams in the nation. Lots of D1 kids on the field and he looks like the best one most weeks. Jordan's issue is he is 6'3 so his upside isn't as good as Mallory but he is a day 1 type of player who could still end up in the NFL.

Who does Jordan remind you of at TE?

For me, it’s the great Oklahoma TE from the late 80’s, Keith Jackson. 6’2”, 250 lbs. Versatile, fast and tough.

Jordan, with Mallory, should make an immediate impact with the Canes.

Jordan Reed

That's who I said Irvin Jr. reminded me of. Hope you're right and coach puts in more packages in for the TE's.

Advertisement

How many game highlights have you watched of the others? What kind of stats are they putting up? What do you base those statements on?

Jordan looks like the real deal, but I haven't paid close attention to anyone ahead of him. I used to 10 years ago, not anymore. He will do fine here providing he remains healthy as he's a great prospect.

I would bet those saying that Brevin is better know very little about the other guys ahead of him.
Jordan is putting up stats that even some elite receivers don’t put up. He dominated the opening which had elite talent all over. He’s dominating some of the top ranked teams in the country weekly and his senior film is absolutely ridiculous

Show me a TE in HS football right now better than this guy. You can't.

Not just right now. He's the best TE prospect since OJ Howard and that's being conservative. He looks like Evan Engram sandbagging in HS ball. If he was an SEC commit he'd be 6*.

Since I doubt you're talking about franchise or brock, I'll jump back in here. As I said in another thread, I coached high school football at a consistently nationally ranked school. Does it make my opinion anymore valuable than anyone else's? No, of course not. But like most everyone else who coaches, we're used to seeing some guys just stand out. And Brevin Jordan does. I wont go too much into it, but I've been sick & hospitalized & all the b.s. that comes with it. So yes. I watched the highlight films of all 6 guys ahead of him, including all of the individual game highlights I could find. I have way more free time than I'd like to admit.

Stats can (obviously) be deceiving. Ruckert (the #1 TE according to 247 & rivals) plays at Lindenhurst high school in NY. According to maxpreps, they've played one team in the top 1,200, with the majority "ranked" between 3,300 & 7,500. Jordan plays for Bishop Gorman. They've won 8 straight state titles & 3 straight USA Today Super 25 titles (2014, 2015 & 2016) as the #1 team in the country. Their first three games this season: DeMatha (#1 75), Miami Central (#20) & Mater Dei (#1 ). These aren't their numbers, but as stats go, what would be more impressive? A 1,500 yards & 20 TD for a player in Lindenhurst, NY? Or a player with half those numbers against the best teams in the nation?

As far as those 6 TE ranked ahead of him, I won't go into annoying detail about what I saw. I will say that the first 3 are tall (around 6'6) receivers. Ruckert is an absolute monster. But for the most part, they don't block. And when they do, they just try to get in the defenders way. The other two are Mustapha Muhammad & Cameron Jurgens. Jurgens, like Jordan is an H-Back. Great blocker. But he has a long way to go as a receiver. I actually like the potential in Muhammad's all around game. He needs work though (what 17 year old doesnt) & he just isn't at the same place in his development. But Jordan is the complete package. He's shown he's an elite receiver & he's definitely a great blocking TE. So like I said, as 2018 TE go, he's the best ALL AROUND in this class.

Jeremy Ruckert - not impressed with his Jr highlights. Outjumped a bunch of short guys and never got a ton of separation like Mallory/Jordan.
Zack ***** - similar to Mallory. Kid will be split out wide until he adds 30-50lbs. Lots of upside but likely to sit for 2-3 years at a top program.
Luke Ford- kid looks like a day one player for anyone similar to Jordan. Ford may have more upside as he is a lot taller.
Cameron Jurgens - kid looks good but he isn't playing Gorman's comp. He plays against a ton of slow small kids but it is pretty clear he has talent.
Mustapha Muhammad- Best looking out of the group. Can play day one but also looks to have some upside to grow and improve.

Jordan has shown out vs some of the best teams in the nation. Lots of D1 kids on the field and he looks like the best one most weeks. Jordan's issue is he is 6'3 so his upside isn't as good as Mallory but he is a day 1 type of player who could still end up in the NFL.

Well said. You beat me to it.

Advertisement
Show me a TE in HS football right now better than this guy. You can't.

I don't understand why he isn't the unanimous #1 TE in the nation. He's the complete package. Its not even about stars. 247 lists him as the 6th best TE in their rankings (not the composite). All I could figure is they got caught up on him being 6'3 & not 6'5 or 6'6. But then.. The two guys they have ranked right ahead of him are 6'3/240 and 6'4/235. So then.. Is it because he plays with an elite QB? He isn't some borderline 4* or small town guy. He plays for a national powerhouse program. I would love to hear them justify their rankings.
Committing early to Miami costs you in the rankings, generally. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Back