NFL Draft Brevin Jordan in 2021 NFL Draft

Advertisement

I have to admit that because of his missed time this year I thought he would slip into 3rd given his height issues. But when you see what he did when on the field, he was so dominant, one of the top 2-3 TEs in the country.

Over the past decade, NFL teams have taken 3 TEs in the first round only once, with the range from 0 to 3 TEs in the first round, and 1-5 TEs in the first two rounds. So it'll come down to how many TEs are taken this year plus Jordan's physical.

The kid is no doubt NFL ready. But will they see him as durable enough to go in Round 1?

Advertisement
I have to admit that because of his missed time this year I thought he would slip into 3rd given his height issues. But when you see what he did when on the field, he was so dominant, one of the top 2-3 TEs in the country.

Over the past decade, NFL teams have taken 3 TEs in the first round only once, with the range from 0 to 3 TEs in the first round, and 1-5 TEs in the first two rounds. So it'll come down to how many TEs are taken this year plus Jordan's physical.

The kid is no doubt NFL ready. But will they see him as durable enough to go in Round 1?
Idk if he’ll get drafted in the 1st, probably not, but I’d be shocked if slipped any further than mid 2nd round.

He’s a lot better than our fans give him credit for, he has some really good film over his time at Miami, yeah he missed a number of games but it’s not really up for debate that he’s a top 3 TE in this draft, regardless of measurements.

If he runs a good 40 time at his Pro day that would only boost his draft profile as is, but his eval by scouts in the league will be based on film, film supersedes all.

Idk if he’ll get drafted in the 1st, probably not, but I’d be shocked if slipped any further than mid 2nd round.

He’s a lot better than our fans give him credit for, he has some really good film over his time at Miami, yeah he missed a number of games but it’s not really up for debate that he’s a top 3 TE in this draft, regardless of measurements.

If he runs a good 40 time at his Pro day that would only boost his draft profile as is, but his eval by scouts in the league will be based on film, film supersedes all.

+1 on being under-appreciated.

Again, there are only two "strikes" I can see that could hurt his selection -- his durability and height, Some NFL GMs are as bad as some college coaches on having "ideal" measurables. If he slips to the 3rd, that's the explanation. But, yeah, I entirely see why you expect him to go mid-2nd or higher. He's the goods.

If he's there in the 2nd would love the Phins to take him with one of their picks. More weapons for Tua.

Advertisement
Think about it, not his fault with injuries but what DID he produced for the canes. Just curious. Hope for the best but.........

38" vert is very promising. There really is no reason for his contested catch numbers to be as bad as they are. He's well-built and he can leap. Some guys just aren't good at it for various reasons but I believe it's an area he can improve.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hes an intriguing prospect at TE thats for **** sure. Hes got everything you want in a TE except the height. Hes a traditional TE.

I feel like we can never truly max out opportunities at UM lately. We never got to see Phillips and Rousseau together at DE and we never really got a chance to see Jordan and Mallory together for a full season either. Smh.

If anyone is interested, PFF has an updating pro day tracker where they show every school’s prospects.

After taking a look at it, Brevin should follow the path others took and test only the things that would make him look better. It’d be a mistake to get his height and weight measured imo, but a benefit to do the athletic testing.

Advertisement
Back