Brevin Jordan Assessment and Comparison

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?
Foremost, I watched Irv Smith Jr. highlights from Bama and immediately came to the conclusion that if Irv Smith is drafted in the first round, Brevin will **** sure be drafted in the first round.

I think it's important to know what we have. We have a new age tight end that can YAC with the best of them.

Watching his rookie highlights here are my takeaways:

*Catch in traffic ability - based off a numerous contested catches he made, I would put him up there with Shockey's focus-level. Insanely impressive. I really wish we were able to put him in space to the level Irv Smith Jr. last year. Good thing, we now have Dan Enos, who was instrumental for get ISJ in space last year (highlighted in the video).

*YAC ability - Stiff arms, jukes, vision.. all were on display in his rookie season as an 18 year old. Njoku was an impressive YACer, but at the same stage in their careers, I put Brevin above David due to his vision and hip-wiggle.

*Weakness - Obviously, he doesn't have the brawn to push a DE off the ball consistently. However, like Njoku, I'm sure he has the capacity to effective with his footwork and hand placement.

Hands down, I think ISJ and BJ are similar players, but BJ is superior. Let's hope Dan Enos can get the kid in space more than Richt.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Irv Smith is more of a big bodied receiver unlike Brevin who pretty solid blocking inline. I’ll stick by my comparison for when he was in high school. Delanie Walker clone

ISJ was 6”3 242 at the combine. BJ is listed as 6”3 245 in the official site. What do you mean exactly?

Advertisement
ISJ was 6”3 242 at the combine. BJ is listed as 6”3 245 in the official site. What do you mean exactly?

Smith isn’t very good in-line is what I meant. Not necessarily body size. Smith has a lot of work to do(as does Brevin still) to develop as a traditional TE.

Good comp. Brevin is probably a little taller and more athletic.

Eh I wouldn’t say more athletic. Delanie was basically a WR coming into the league and ran a 4.49 40. Brevin is a **** good athlete but that’s an elite time for a TE.

Eh I wouldn’t say more athletic. Delanie was basically a WR coming into the league and ran a 4.49 40. Brevin is a **** good athlete but that’s an elite time for a TE.

Yeah, Delanie didn’t become a good blocker until he went to Tennessee. That’s when he gained 15 pounds and got thicker/slower

I'll never understand how Canes fans can compare Brevin to murderous scumbag **** suckin batty boy POS like Hernandez.

Brevin is 6'3 245-250lbs is an all around TE that can block, catch & run great routes. AH was a 6'1 H-back receiving TE only, he was not as well rounded as Brevin is.

And why TF would any Canes fan compare one of our own that's from the lineage of TE U to a ***gety Gaytor smh? And if you must compare him to a Gayte, he plays much more like Jordan Reed than Hernandez.

Brevin is closer to the style of a Vernon Davis, Jonnu Smith or Evan Engram.

Advertisement
Back