Brett Romberg interview on 790 this mornings

We will lose between 4-6 million $ next season as a result of the expected poor attendance. Isn't that the buyout amount???

Advertisement
I have one big problem with all the ex players. All this about the booster and money. They don't donate **** back once they get theirs. You want to buy out Golden, update our facilities, and pay coaches more then go into your 100s of thousands and million dollar contracts and pony up like the rest of us. My donation every year isn't going to put us on the level of thousands of bama or bull gator grads level.. You think one man hands out that cash? It probably an account that the higher ups in those groups have access to when they need to pay out.

I've been told it's less than 5 and more than 4. Wasn't given a specific number. I don't see why that isn't doable.

Why would any organization agree to a buyout that it couldn't pay if it needed to in the future?

UM loves floating that "we're poor little private UM" narrative. They do it so people blindly accept the trash we hear about being unable to afford buyouts or competitive salaries. It gives them an out for mistaken hires and for refusing to fix the hiring mistakes.

They bought out Randy. They bought out Perry as well. I think money is a consideration, but I don't think money is the driving factor here.

Advertisement
I have one big problem with all the ex players. All this about the booster and money. They don't donate **** back once they get theirs. You want to buy out Golden, update our facilities, and pay coaches more then go into your 100s of thousands and million dollar contracts and pony up like the rest of us. My donation every year isn't going to put us on the level of thousands of bama or bull gator grads level.. You think one man hands out that cash? It probably an account that the higher ups in those groups have access to when they need to pay out.

Tbf they've made their contribution on the field.

The people that care the least about this program have the most power. Love that Highsmith is supposedly doing that, but isn't it the school's job to try getting us a stadium? Truly a sad situation.

Talk to that master fund raiser and cack smoker Blake James. He is willing to "listen" if you come to him with a plan and funds for a stadium.
There is not a more incompetent AD in the country

Incompetent and impotent. He's as feeble as an ad can possibly be.

He's a great popcorn seller.

Advertisement
Lamar Thomas is dead to me.

Agreed... He's still mad that he was fired from CSS for cheering on a brawl...

Let's not forget he was the one cheering like a 40 yr old virgin that just secured the services of a street hooker.

He was unprofessional then, and he is still unprofessional now.

They r just like us fans and alumni--can't take it anymore and have given up

Seems like the former players have basically given up. They were spitting fire early in the year but seem to have been squelched by something. Maybe they were threatened with access being taken away.

Where's all the big mouth community activists like Uncle Luke? Why aren't they talking about how UM ran off Shannon but is keeping his white inferior?

Let's not forget he was the one cheering like a 40 yr old virgin that just secured the services of a street hooker.

I don't know what u expect from him. He works for the u of Louisville not us. His job is to get kids to his school any means possible. U don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out no one goes to the games. He's not telling them anything secretive. Some of u need to get a life--this is his job and career

The only ones I've heard of giving good money for the football program is Edge and the Rock

Advertisement

I don't know what u expect from him. He works for the u of Louisville not us. His job is to get kids to his school any means possible. U don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out no one goes to the games. He's not telling them anything secretive. Some of u need to get a life--this is his job and career

I understand he works for UL and has a family and needs to pay his bill, etc., but the way he's trying to troll Miami is just disgusting.

How much of a lowlife do you have to be to save a picture of a empty stadium in your phone to show to recruits?

It's part of his job right?

Well, I wonder what he shows recruits that have Alabama on their list?

Nude pictures of Nick Saban's wife?

A picture of Nick doing the Humpty Dance on a staff employee from behind yelling "Roll Tide!"...

c6d3d419f762a432.jpg

Makes you wonder, don't it?

If the buyout is only 5 million then that makes me even MORE angry.

How the **** is this guy still employed? Do we have well trained chimpanzees making the decisions?

Advertisement
I've been told it's less than 5 and more than 4. Wasn't given a specific number. I don't see why that isn't doable.

Why would any organization agree to a buyout that it couldn't pay if it needed to in the future?

UM loves floating that "we're poor little private UM" narrative. They do it so people blindly accept the trash we hear about being unable to afford buyouts or competitive salaries. It gives them an out for mistaken hires and for refusing to fix the hiring mistakes.

They bought out Randy. They bought out Perry as well. I think money is a consideration, but I don't think money is the driving factor here.

I think money is a consideration too. But not because it has to be. It's an issue because they CHOOSE not to spend. They can compete with anyone financially if they want to.

Oh, Miami has money! They just don't have money to burn like Florida, but they do have it. Since Miami a private school, they do not have to give an account (to the public at least) on how money is being used... I wish the school would stop acting like they're the Oliver Twist of college football.

Advertisement
Back