Brennan Carroll

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
I didn't even know who this guy was until he came to Miami. The first I heard of him was he is Pete Carroll's son and he's supposed to be some bad *** recruiter who owned the states of Cali and Arizona. I remember people talking that we would get some west coast guys just because of him. Even though that hasn't essentially been the case, I think he has done a very good job recruiting regardless of area. I was just curious to see as to what some of you other porsters think. Agree with me or nah?

Advertisement
I agree, very good recruiter and organizer. I have no problems with him as a position coach either. I think in 2015 he will be an OC somewhere else and move up the ladder.

Agreed. Will be hard to hold on to him for much longer. Will be an offensive coordinator somewhere soon.

IMO, the single most under-appreciated aspect of evaluating a head coach is his network within the coaching industry. We saw the failures of coker and randy. Neither had the ability to attract talented assistants and if they did, they would leave a year later. From what I know about coach Golden, he is thought highly of within the coaching community.

Bringing in a Brennan Carroll was a GREAT move IMO. He has tribal knowledge of the socal recruiting market and is connected to perhaps the single best coach in the game today. (Is there any coaching today who has the same level of success at both the NCAA and NFL as Pete Carroll??) So to answer the OP's question: YES, great hire from both a tactical and strategic point of view.

he has an nfl name. do you guys hate coaches in general or just our staff?

Advertisement
Carroll is to me a great up and coming offensive coach just by watching him last year developing Walford and this year seemingly getting the most out of Hurns and slowly getting Coley to get comfortable in college. Young stud in the making and unfortunately he's going to move on soon

None of the SC guys gave a flying fvck that he left.........
Difficult to judge the job he has done, but I just dont see how he is that much of a difference maker. Sometimes its easy to be fooled by the name and blood lines, because Pete will probably go down as one of the greats.

I remember he said he will stay at Miami until they lock him out. But a lot have said similar

Has done a very nice job as position coach, initially tight ends and now wide receivers.

Advertisement
I like Brennan Carroll he really seems to be a good recruiter and talks down to earth to recruits, but every good asst. at Miami always leaves, I could see him being an OC back on the a West Coast

Advertisement
I think the guy has been a great. Always motivating on the sidelines. Got physical in some of those summer camps, takin' reps. Had a real nice grab if I remember correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in finding Brad Kaaya for Coley and Golden. Definitely worth the money. Hope we can hang onto him for a bit.

IMO, the single most under-appreciated aspect of evaluating a head coach is his network within the coaching industry. We saw the failures of coker and randy. Neither had the ability to attract talented assistants and if they did, they would leave a year later. From what I know about coach Golden, he is thought highly of within the coaching community.

Bringing in a Brennan Carroll was a GREAT move IMO. He has tribal knowledge of the socal recruiting market and is connected to perhaps the single best coach in the game today. (Is there any coaching today who has the same level of success at both the NCAA and NFL as Pete Carroll??) So to answer the OP's question: YES, great hire from both a tactical and strategic point of view.

Jim Harbaugh

Advertisement

Jim Harbaugh

This.

Hurns before Carroll - not much. After Carroll - 1000 yard WR. As Pete's son he was probably suspect to USC fans. Al pick him and Jed from Pete. Both look like good gets. Al has great taste in coaches. It is his friends we doubt.

Jim Harbaugh

This.
Yes, all those college national championships equal out....

Jim Harbaugh

This.
Yes, all those college national championships equal out....

Yeah coaching at Stanford vs coaching at USC are the same thing.

Advertisement
Back