BREAKING: Rosier named starter

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_6024.JPG

Miami announced this morning that Malik Rosier will be the starting quarterback for the opener against Bethune-Cookman.

Rosier, the redshirt junior, beat out redshirt sophomore Evan Shirreffs and staved off freshman competitor N'Kosi Perry. Rosier is 1-0 as a starter at Miami, defeating Duke back in 2015 when Brad Kaaya was put with a concussion.

Rosier came to Miami as a three-star recruit in the 2014 class from Faith Academy HS in Mobile, Alabama. He truly took control of the quarterback race over the two weeks with two good scrimmages, and most importantly improved accuracy.

Sources close to the situation say that although Rosier is the starter, Richt will not shy away from working another quarterback into the mix as well.

Advertisement
He was not the **** pick but I want the kid to succeed for the good of the program.

Good for the kid! Hopefully he works his *** off and makes anyone that wants his job earn it. I hope he succeeds.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Malik succeeds, we succeed. I'm all in with whomever our staff chooses. LET'S GO!!

Advertisement
Just don't turn the ball over and put our defense in bad situations. Lets get it.

Advertisement
Congrats to Malik! I was in the starting Perry camp, but given the reports and stats out of camp, Rosier stepped up once there was legit competition. Go beat FSU!

Advertisement
Back