BREAKING: Rosier named starter

View as article
It's GO time! Want him to succeed in the worst way. We need you to manage the game and limit the mistakes. Go CANES!

Advertisement
Good for him and hopefully for our team. I completely trust this staff as well. Of course he earned it, there isn't any other way to win a starting spot with these coaches.

Do we expect him to run at all? All we said last season was that Richt was only showing pieces of playbook in the first few games, when in reality it turned out, we had very offensive playcalling. Will Malik mix it up?

If Rosier ain't picking up at least 2-3 First Downs per game with his legs, Richt's doing something wrong.

Advertisement
I think this benefit Perry... That announcemet was a 1000 lb weight lifted from his chest... now he can focus on being the best he can be...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Good perspective and great to hear. Perry needs a semester under his belt, ball out in the spring and come what may this time next year. Ideal is for Perry to be the starter next year and for Rosier to be the very capable backup.

No, ideal is for Malik to run away with the job and hold it down for 2 years. And then let either a RS Soph Perry, RS Senior Evan or RS Freshman Sitowski take over in 2019

Advertisement
He'll be able to move the chains with his feet too. No more statues back there. We back.

Do we expect him to run at all? All we said last season was that Richt was only showing pieces of playbook in the first few games, when in reality it turned out, we had very offensive playcalling. Will Malik mix it up?

I expect him to run when possible and necessary, but I think he won the job once Richt became confident with his ability to use his eyes and his head to make a play rather than his legs. I mean, it's been widely reported here that Malik was the 3rd best runner, behind both Perry and Shirreffs. I think the difference is, coupled with invaluable experience, is that he throws the best while moving the pocket.

Advertisement
Nobody can deny Rosier did not earn this. He was counted out by most, including the coaching staff if you believe some of the insiders.

Kid's a gamer. Just win baby.

I talked to a head coach for a very good High School Coach here in Central Florida (Cocoa High) about this situation and he said that he would NOT let a True Freshman start in college unless it was absolutely needed. Recipe for disaster he said, he told me this. N’Kosy will be a beast but he needs more coaching and development.

Advertisement
No idea how he'll do or if he'll even hang onto the job, but goddamit, it's going to be nice to make a defense have to account for the QB in the run game.

College football has changed so much even in the last ten years that having a QB who can run and pass is so fcking huge. The immobile statue QB is pretty much a dinosaur at this point.

Congrats to Malik! I was in the starting Perry camp, but given the reports and stats out of camp, Rosier stepped up once there was legit competition. Go beat FSU!

It was Perry who lit the fire under the vets, both Evan and Malik, so in some regard he's already made us miles better at the QB position.

I agree. The general consensus made it seem like Perry had a legit shot at starting, despite his late arrival in May (as opposed to being an EE). Malik likely knew he was never going to start over Kaaya, at least during the Folden years. Perry is a high-end talent who will eventually have his time so long as he continues to try and push Malik. But without that freshman pushing him, I don't think Malik would've improved as much as he had, or at least based on the stats given from the scrimmages.

This right here, I think a game manager qb probably takes the L at FSU but we win the Coastal.

it's gone be funny when malik beats fsu on his 1st try and kaaya couldn't after 3 tries.

*this will be the best defense we've had in a loooong time so that will help as well*

Advertisement
Back