BREAKING: Miami has landed a commitment from 2019 Vero Beach DE Jahfari Harvey

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
DgFoSVlV4AAgYgZ.jpg

Mark Richt and company stay hot on the recruiting trail as Vero Beach (FL) 3-star DE Jahfari Harvey has given a verbal pledge to the Miami Hurricanes tonight. Harvey was scheduled to announce his decision on July 1st, but he ultimately decided to announce his decision Wednesday night and lock in his spot with UM.

“I’m beyond excited,” Harvey said. “I am completely shutting down my recruitment.”

Harvey was on campus this past weekend for “Miami Nights”, an invite-only event held by the Hurricanes coaching staff. Miami laid out the red carpet for Harvey and his family on Saturday night, showing the talented defensive end plenty of 1-on-1 attention.

“I didn’t know if I would end up at Miami throughout the recruiting process, but my visit on Saturday really sealed the deal,” Harvey said.

While Harvey says that his recent trip to Miami sealed the deal for him, this was a decision long in the making.

“Miami just has something that I want to be a part of,” Harvey said. “The coaching staff treated my family and I like we were already a part of the Hurricane family.”

Harvey becomes Miami’s fourth commitment of the month, joining: Chaminade-Madonna (FL) 4-star CB Te’Cory Couch, Carol City (FL) 3-star CB Jarvis Brownlee, and St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) 3-star DL Jason Munoz.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back