BREAKING: Ken Dorsey fired by Buffalo!

Or our fans?
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Advertisement
Y’all just thinking such polar black and white levels. Sometimes good people just need a change or the team needs a new voice and a kick in the ***. It doesn’t discount the work he did before it doesn’t make them less valuable going forward even though this optically hasn’t been super awesome for him.

haven’t scrolled through this but please cane fans don’t ask for him to replace Tim we need a recruiter thanks. Just in case some fried fans are asking for this

Advertisement
Buccs got a lot of Free Agents and I don’t think their HC is lasting more than 1 more year. So idk if they’d be his top choice. Then again there are more and more Offensive play callers as HCs now, so there are fewer and fewer spots you can go as OC to be the play caller. Unless he’s wailing to learn from one of these top guys to also pick up their system. Like I think him trying to go to like the Rams would be really good for him.

- Have Offensive HC who calls plays: Panthers, Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Broncos, Packers, Colts, Jags, Chiefs, Rams, Dolphins, Vikings, Giants, 49ers, Titans. Thats 15 of the 32 teams.

- Opening at OC: Eagles, Washington (Presumably Ben Johnson gunna be HC + Play Caller), Lions (when Johnson leaves), Panthers, Saints, Buccs, Seahawks, Raiders, Patriots, Browns, Steelers, Chargers, Falcons.

So that basically leaves Eagles, Lions, Saints, Buccs, Seahawks, Raiders, Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers as places Dorsey could go to have play calling control…. Buccs would probably be near bottom of that list

Buccs got a lot of Free Agents and I don’t think their HC is lasting more than 1 more year. So idk if they’d be his top choice. Then again there are more and more Offensive play callers as HCs now, so there are fewer and fewer spots you can go as OC to be the play caller. Unless he’s wailing to learn from one of these top guys to also pick up their system. Like I think him trying to go to like the Rams would be really good for him.

- Have Offensive HC who calls plays: Panthers, Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Broncos, Packers, Colts, Jags, Chiefs, Rams, Dolphins, Vikings, Giants, 49ers, Titans. Thats 15 of the 32 teams.

- Opening at OC: Eagles, Washington (Presumably Ben Johnson gunna be HC + Play Caller), Lions (when Johnson leaves), Panthers, Saints, Buccs, Seahawks, Raiders, Patriots, Browns, Steelers, Chargers, Falcons.

So that basically leaves Eagles, Lions, Saints, Buccs, Seahawks, Raiders, Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers as places Dorsey could go to have play calling control…. Buccs would probably be near bottom of that list
Would love the lions.

Advertisement
Don’t know him. Any good?
Was their TE coach last year or two before getting promoted to Pass Game Coordinator. His path is kinda mimicking Ben Johnsons. Johnson intially was TE coach then promoted to pass game coordinator, then last yr was promoted to OC. That's mainly why people think this could be the internal hire, plus he is the only other coach on staff I believe with actual OC Experience.

He was at San Diego for like a decade - his first job was as a GA under Harbaugh when he was there. Ended up moving up to OC there for like 7 years.
Then he moved to Michigan when Harbaugh got there. So basically I assume he could end up getting hired by Harbaugh for some role as well. I mean Idk if he's ready for OC in NFL yet, but at least he has like 8yrs experience calling plays including 1 with DC Defenders in XFL under Pep Hamilton who has experience all over. Plus Engstrand was still at San Diego when Hank Fraley got his first coaching job there and he's currently the Lions OL coach and doing a great job.

We'll see. I think Dorsey would be great there too, because the Lions entire coaching staff is filled with former players. So I think he'd fit in perfectly. Like offensively it'd be entirely former NFL Players: Dorsey, Brunell, Fraley, Randall-El, Steve Heiden, and Scottie Montgomery. Not sure that happens very often. And defensively you got Aaron Glenn, Dre Bly, and Kelvin Sheppard.

I’m not sure. I ithnk his rep took a pretty big hit considering that Buffalo seemingly was better on offense after firing Dorsey. I haven’t looked at the stats for confirmation but that is certainly the national narrative.
Stat wise the difference is Brady took the ball out of Josh Turnover Allen and starting running the ball. The defense actually started playing decent. Buffalo will be the same next year. Get to the playoffs and lose. Bills should hire Belichick if they want to try and win a Super Bowl. McDermott has done good but wont get them to the next level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back