Brayden Lenius

I think staff is waiting on Griffin, if he's a no-go we go full bore after this kid or the NJ wr.

Advertisement
I think staff is waiting on Griffin, if he's a no-go we go full bore after this kid or the NJ wr.

Griffin and Lenius aren't to me connected in anyway. He's 16 so you have to imagine Griffin can leave when the kid gets into his peak here so you bring them both in. Lenius looks like a beast but nobody knows how he'll respond immediately to College so you cant say he's a backup plan you either want him now or not at all

Advertisement
James Coley just started following Lenius on twitter.

It's a wrap. Might as well send out the "Welcome to the U" tweet. Coley following a recruit on Twitter is akin to the plumes of smoke signaling the selection of a new pope.

I talked to a coach out in Cali who's seen Chaminade play multiple times. He said Lenius should have upwards of 50 offers. Coach told me he's the absolute real deal.

When I told coach Lenius is only 16 he about lost it. Couldn't believe it. "16 and he's built and plays LIKE THAT?! Why every team in America isn't on him, I'll never understand".

Suffice it to say that he'll be one **** of a steal. And hopefully wearing Orange and Green next season.

Great news Cam.

Advertisement
James Coley just started following Lenius on twitter.

It's a wrap. Might as well send out the "Welcome to the U" tweet. Coley following a recruit on Twitter is akin to the plumes of smoke signaling the selection of a new pope.

I sense a little sarcasm here but usually once coley follows a recruit that carroll has been following, that usually signals that an offer is coming..

James Coley just started following Lenius on twitter. I think we will be offering him soon. I expect him to commit on the spot

The question is how the heck did you monitor twitter so heavy to see who the guy just followed..That is serious business my friend..

I talked to a coach out in Cali who's seen Chaminade play multiple times. He said Lenius should have upwards of 50 offers. Coach told me he's the absolute real deal.

When I told coach Lenius is only 16 he about lost it. Couldn't believe it. "16 and he's built and plays LIKE THAT?! Why every team in America isn't on him, I'll never understand".

Suffice it to say that he'll be one **** of a steal. And hopefully wearing Orange and Green next season.

#1 thing I loved about this kid is he has "HANDS" loving the fact that he catches it with his hands and not his body

sign me up looks like a good version of Touchdown Streeter

Summary
-a bunch of schools are coming hard at him including miami
- he set up a visit to Washington state for 1/24. They are the current favorites
- he might visit Colorado with his two teammates
- waiting for more offers (we haven't offered obviously)

at this point in the game by the end of the dead period offers will be even more scarce depending on how teams fair with studs they want from earliar. If Coley wants him now and im sure Kaayas been hyping us up I would see him committing

Don't bet on it...it's probably not a done deal. I have no knowledge of this situation, but I'm wondering if his mother still lives in Vancouver or whether he has other family there.

His legendary grandfather was from Texas, though.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/23714790/grandson-has-the-potential-drive-to-create-nfl-legacy-that-****ey-was-denied

Advertisement
Guys, having stood next to him a couple of times, I can tell you that if you get creative, he will be an absolute mismatch machine if you move him around. He is every bit 6'4 and probably growing at age 16. I really think he is just scratching the surface of his ability. Great thing is that he has really good ball-skills and natural hands

Remember Willlie Broughton!!

yeah, come to think of it, Willie Lee was a pup when he matriculated (nothing dirty there, that's a different word), all of 16 I think.

His brother was one of the strongest guys I ever saw in football, Dock Luckie. A very average football player, though.

Based on 2014 WR David Njoku highlights its a tough call to pick Brayden Lenius but I understand if it solidifies Kaaya, while also considering Njoku has a7 ft high jump.

Njoku's highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/90257/highlights/77520375?autoplay=1

Go Canes

If we're looking for a WR, give me Lenius. Njoku moves like a tight end.....and that's not a slight because he'd be a **** good TE at the next level.

Not sure how a TE moves, since I didn't look at Ndoku's highlights. He's quite a leaper, though.

Advertisement
Based on 2014 WR David Njoku highlights its a tough call to pick Brayden Lenius but I understand if it solidifies Kaaya, while also considering Njoku has a7 ft high jump.

Njoku's highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/90257/highlights/77520375?autoplay=1

Go Canes

I just looked at these highlights. It's the first time I've actually seen them, I was talking him up just based on what I read about his size, speed and jumping ability. I'm now more sold than ever. He's fast, he's fluid and has ball skills, he is big and strong. The kids trying to cover him looked like they were all in junior high, that's how superior he is to his competition. It might not be elite NJ competition, but I think this kid can play anywhere. I don't think you pass him up for Lenius, and I don't think you pass up Lenius for this kid. I think you go after both of them hard, and find room for both. If we got these kids, and Griffin, and with what we already have coming in, I think we'll be unstoppable. Opposing teams would have to hire the Miami Heat to play secondary against us.

Interesting hearing this from people when we, as a fanbase, complained about FSU doing the same thing last cycle...

watch
hopefully this guy can be like decker

Advertisement
Back