Brayden Lenius no longer visiting Miami

Dudes will like anything that moves if they mention Miami...On his film he is slow and not twitchy just like Alexcane said.... he has height and that's it.. He isn't very athletic We should not be bringing in WR's from out of State unless they are beast..Id rather take Steve IShamel out of NMB

How's this kid not athletic now. Could have sworn there was just a video of him a few weeks ago dunking easily.

He's 6'5". If he couldn't dunk he should give up sports forever.

Advertisement
Dudes will like anything that moves if they mention Miami...On his film he is slow and not twitchy just like Alexcane said.... he has height and that's it.. He isn't very athletic We should not be bringing in WR's from out of State unless they are beast..Id rather take Steve IShamel out of NMB

How's this kid not athletic now. Could have sworn there was just a video of him a few weeks ago dunking easily.

Since when is dunking a measure of athleticism?

He looked good going up against Adoree Jackson. He wasn't super fast or quick, but he had no problem getting open.

i love this line from the board..if the kid is a 6-10 basketball player it probably isn't. but since the kid is a football player with great hands it probably is a great indication of some transferable athletic ability. just my opinion.

Advertisement

i love this line from the board..if the kid is a 6-10 basketball player it probably isn't. but since the kid is a football player with great hands it probably is a great indication of some transferable athletic ability. just my opinion.

His dunks are no big deal. You guys dont think most UM skill position guys can dunk a ball???

Lenius is a 6'5 WR/TE of course he can dunk. But his dunks dont have that quick bounce or however you describe fast twitch dunking

He's 6'5". If he couldn't dunk he should give up sports forever.

this ... I'm 5'11" (on a good day), white and could dunk in high school.

Advertisement
Hope this isn't true. This kid has talent.

You like him? He seems slow. And not a fast twitch guy either. Not sold on him, although I've watched very little film (and likely less than you have!).

He really impressed me against Serra, one of the best HS defenses in the country.

I see him growing into a TE. Gets in and out of breaks well for a tall guy, high-points the ball. I know that our staff really likes him.

Did he use that Adoree kid? Kid will grow with Kaaya and be his safety blanket. It would give us a cmobo we have not had in a long time. I like taking him. he is 17; might grow another inch or two.

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 17s

Slow down on the Brayden Lenius not visiting rumors. Brennan Carroll is meeting him with today and his mother later in Vancouver

A 6'5" WR who aspires to play CFB who can't dunk speaks much, much louder than a 6'5" WR who aspires to play CFB who can.

Besides, those dunks were ... lets say ... passive.

Advertisement
From Shodell about 30 min ago...

not visiting this weekend, visiting Washington ... BUT ... spoke to his coach and there's an outside possibility he doesn't sign anywhere next Wed. and takes a trip down to UM at some point to check it out... his coach also said he spoke with Cane coaches yesterday and that UM seems prepared to offer him a scholarship ... so it's wait and see with this one

not visiting this weekend, visiting Washington ... BUT ... spoke to his coach and there's an outside possibility he doesn't sign anywhere next Wed. and takes a trip down to UM at some point to check it out... his coach also said he spoke with Cane coaches yesterday and that UM seems prepared to offer him a scholarship ... so it's wait and see with this one

Coaches must feel confident about another WR.

He's young and huge and is new to playing "real" football. I'm from Canada and most high schools don't have a QB that can throw the ball to a WR, so he certainly didn't develop a thing in Canada.

Plus, read this article to get an idea of the genes he inherited. Reading this sure made me more interested in getting him:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wr...e-to-create-nfl-legacy-that-****ey-was-denied

That's been posted here already. In fact, i think I brought it up months ago. I didn't see fast twitch in this guy, but I saw smoothness and the ability to go up and get the ball over a good DB. He might have the frame to become a receiving TE. Thinking back to Mike Williams when he was at USC, he was a taller receiver that everybody in Florida passed on; he went to USC and became a great college receiver without great speed and I don't even know if he was what you call fast twitch. He was smooth and could find an open spot. Of course, that was not enough to make it in the NFL.

Advertisement

Well, legend has it, that when Jimmy Johnson first saw Greg Mark, he went up to a basketball game in NJ, and the game started late because of a snowstorm. Pennsauken's starting five came out--4 black guys and Greg Mark. When the white guy, Greg Mark lined up to jump center for the team, he knew there must have been something special. I don't remember how tall Greg was, maybe around 6'3" or 6'4".

Yeah, Lenius' dunks looked ordinary, not flashy,not particularly impressive, not like Derrick Griffen, but still, I saw how he caught passes over those Serra DBs. That told me more.

We had a kid here a few years back, a guy who dunked and ran hurdles, from Boston, and he disappeared from the program in a flash.

So we haven't even offered him?

So we haven't even offered him?

Sounds to me like a plan B that might be willing to wait. Personally, I'd like him here but makes me wonder who the plan A is, especially with that type of confidence.

FWIW

SOTU writers ‏@TheStateOfTheU 6m - WR target Brayden Lenius has chosen to visit Washington this weekend instead of Miami. He's a teammate of Brad Kayaa

Advertisement
Back