Braxton Berrios, the "Enforcer" of Canes Legacy and History

Silver King

Pass Block
He's the thinking man's enforcer of Hurricane lore.

The U-Flip and Cuffs - those images will be immortalized in future stories about the Canes. His timing introducing them is almost as good as his timing coming up with a huge catch when needed.

Now if somebody can only bring back the "George Jefferson" strut.

Advertisement
braxton-berrios-handcuff-celebration.gif

Advertisement
Braxton has etched his name in Hurricane legacy with his play this season, and for expressing what us fans feel out on the field.

Dominating the Noles in Tally, making The U right in Chapel Hill, getting the scoring started vs. the turkeys igniting the crowd, and then playing up the label vs. ND rubbing it in their face! He is an old school Cane!!

It's unbelievable what the kid has done for our team and himself in the span of not even one full season.

What makes him different is that he was a true fan coming in. He understands the history and came here to reclaim it. He took a ton of **** from this board and our fan base but he stuck with us. He is an all time Cane and maybe the most important one in the resurrection of our program.

Advertisement
I happened to run into his uncle on FB, on a 247 fansite board after the FSU game. We had a brief messaging exchange and he couldn’t stop raving about his nephew and how proud he was. One thing he said that I thought was funny; “When in doubt, throw it to the little white guy!” Lmao. I told him if I ever run into BB, breakfast, lunch and dinner on me.

Advertisement
What's great about Berrios is that he is everything any program would want out of a student-athlete. He's an intelligent, hard working guy who does what is asked of him. The handcuff thing was hilarious not only because he is playing around with the "Catholics vs. Convicts" garbage, he was also pointing out the hypocrisy of the entire thing. No one called him a thug, no one said he was taunting or anything. A lot of that was lost on the idiots working for ESPN, but we all saw that. Salute to Brax for not only finding success on the field, but for being a solid young man off of it. That's what this program is about now, and this team, like the Butch post-probation squads before them are proving that Miami can and will win the right way. I know that makes the jerkasses in the media gag, and that's the best thing about all of this.

Just like with Moss, Damione Lewis, Bubba Franks and that group, this senior class will be the one that helped brings us back to dominance for our next run - which is just beginning.

Braxton has etched his name in Hurricane legacy with his play this season, and for expressing what us fans feel out on the field.

Dominating the Noles in Tally, making The U right in Chapel Hill, getting the scoring started vs. the turkeys igniting the crowd, and then playing up the label vs. ND rubbing it in their face! He is an old school Cane!!

Advertisement
I'd just like to add Berrios made a lot (a whole lot) of folks on this site very silent. Clowns were talking about he won't make the starting lineup, or should transfer or just plain sucked. This kid making a lot of people look stupid this year. Lot of folks that are very silent about him now or have jumped on the bandwagon.

He's reaching GOAT status.

Braxton is playing lights out this season, coming up with big plays and tough catches when we need them.

And as has been mentioned, Braxton was a legitimate fan of the program long before he enrolled. He's well read on The U.

What that creates is a unique opportunity for this young man. When he makes plays, he makes exactly, precisely, perfectly the statements we as fans want to.

Scoring against North Carolina @ North Carolina? Throw that U back up. Right a wrong. Resurrect the program.

First TD of the game against Notre Dame? You want convicts, I'll show ya convicts!

That **** is special, man.

Off top of my head I 'd say he's our most popular player.....icing on the cake. He's from NC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back