Brashard Smith

Gables Canes

Freshman
Where the **** is he?! I think he was targeted ONCE all night.

For as bad as TVD has been, Dawson hasn’t been much better. This offense is a slow laborious slog with no creativity or no new wrinkles or packages. Why not have B Smith run some wildcat or take some snaps at RB? Something new that no one has seen on film. Literally anything to get some juice and momentum going. Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers!

Instead, it’s the same 2 or 3 run plays over and over and the same bad throws by TVD, all being run at an insanely slow place. Sorry, but I’m not impressed with Dawson.

Advertisement

For as bad as TVD has been, Dawson hasn’t been much better. This offense is a slow laborious slog with no creativity or no new wrinkles or packages. Why not have B Smith run some wildcat or take some snaps at RB? Something new that no one has seen on film. Literally anything to get some juice and momentum going. Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers!

Instead, it’s the same 2 or 3 run plays over and over and the same bad throws by TVD, all being run at an insanely slow place. Sorry, but I’m not impressed with Dawson.
I don’t know. I saw so real exotic **** last night. Bringing 7 in motion and lining him up as a third TE and running the ball through the B gap was a new wrinkle we had not seen previously.

Advertisement

We actually ran a fade to Brashard in the end zone. And no I’m not kidding.

I don’t know. I saw so real exotic **** last night. Bringing 7 in motion and lining him up as a third TE and running the ball through the B gap was a new wrinkle we had not seen previously.
That was beyond frustrating to me. Sure, we all get tired of TVD locking onto X every pass play, but taking a weapon like X or B Smith completely out of the equation by lining them up as a TE is asinine.

Advertisement

Sadly because Miami cannot throw the ball down the field Dawson has fell in love with the bubble screen. So it is either the slow developing run or the bubble screen. That is the offenses playbook with TVD.

Last edited:
It makes zero difference who our receivers are in the current state of this offense. Our offense has 2 options.

Run up the middle into 6 or 7 man fronts..

or throw to one of 2 receivers who are running a route who rarely get open because they have 4 or 5 guys covering them. And even when the players get open Tyler isn't accurate or confident enough to get it to them for anything meaningful.

Have no idea what happened to our explosive plays and schematic advantage on offense.

This feels like an entirely different team than what we saw the first 4 weeks. Nothing is designed to get the ball to players in space. It's max protect and small gains/check downs all day long now. Feels like we're trying to run out clock all game. Just like last year.

Advertisement
It makes zero difference who our receivers are in the current state of this offense. Our offense has 2 options.

or throw to one of 2 receivers who are running a route who rarely get open because they have 4 or 5 guys covering them. And even when the players get open Tyler isn't accurate or confident enough to get it to them for anything meaningful.

Have no idea what happened to our explosive plays and schematic advantage on offense.

This feels like an entirely different team than what we saw the first 4 weeks. Nothing is designed to get the ball to players in space. It's max protect and small gains/check downs all day long now. Feels like we're trying to run out clock all game. Just like last year.
Instead of creating a thread, maybe this is a good spot to comment on our “2 minute offense”.

Instead of creating a thread, maybe this is a good spot to comment on our “2 minute offense”.
The 2 minute offense is terrible because Mario isn't decisive or clear because he's not sure what he wants or is unwilling to stand by it. Methodical Mario knows we need points but he doesn't want to work outside his framework of ball possession and physical. So he freezes and doesn't communicate clearly and Dawson and TVD are stuck trying to figure out how to handle it.

It's probably something like "let's try and score, but not too fast!"

It's so unclear that even at the end of the game when we HAD to score, Chaney caught a short pass and instead of sprinting to out of bounds he came back INSIDE and didn't stop the clock. No discipline and no clarity even in obvious situations.

There's no clear directive so everybody is left trying to guess what to do.

Advertisement

Brashard has earned more touches but yall need to calm down with the “packages” talk. We need packages, you guys say, for Jacurri. Packages for Brashard.

**** if it were up to sone of you we would be running flea flicker double reverse halfback passes in the snow from an unbalanced line wildcat bootleg option every **** play and we’d be more of a circus than we already are.

No, how about playing Brashard in our normal offense at slot receiver? He’s earned starting snaps, not gimmicks.

By the way, the LAST thing we need is to add more complications to the playbook. These dumbass kids can’t even understand the plays tgey already have and get lined up right, tge last thing they need is more plays.

If I was OC or DC for Miami i would run 5-10 plays total all year. Drill those 10 plays all spring, all summer, and maybe by the time the season starts the kids will have learned half of them.

This guy would be a star on many other teams. I cant stand when you have coaching staffs that dont put guys in position to succeed. How these coaches that get paid millions cant find ways to utilize his talent is beyond me. Definitely one of my favorite players on the team. He deserves much better. It would be wise for him to transfer. He will not get drafted with Mario.

So is TVD not allowed to change the play at the line or is he so lost in this O that he is not able to?

Advertisement
Back