Brashard and Jacolby

Advertisement
Brashard is the guy with the most playmaking ability on the offensive IMO. And I know George isn’t the fastest but I think he’s the best overall WR. Time to shine fellas

Advertisement
I like both of these guys a lot and they both have a huge opportunity.

Brashard checks all the boxes as a slot receiver and George can line up in a few spots. Getting George back this week is perfect timing!
Brashard checks all of the boxes except the most important one for a prototypical slot WR.. crisp, clean routes, in rhythm the way the play and drops are designed.

He's too straight line to be like a true Berrios, Restrepo, etc. go to slot guy.

He can be a playmaker and burn you down the seam from the slot though. There's opportunity to expose that from the slot.. think Josh Hammond lined up on Gil in 2019 against UF when he torched him. Turning point in the game.

Advertisement
Brashard should get a look at RB this spring with so much uncertainty behind Parrish.

He could be useful in a Jason Geathers-ish role as a 3rd down back.
No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

For those who disagree, consider this: Brashard's only TDs through 2 seasons came on plays where he lined up in the backfield. Couple this with a pretty shaky RB situation and yeah, I think he should get a look there.

Parrish: dependable and tough but wore down late, lacks big play ability
Chaney: hasn't been available since 2020
Citizen: coming off major surgery
Fletcher: not enrolled in school yet
Johnson: not enrolled in school yet

For those who disagree, consider this: Brashard's only TDs through 2 seasons came on plays where he lined up in the backfield. Couple this with a pretty shaky RB situation and yeah, I think he should get a look there.

Fletcher going to be a stud out the gate. Citizen I had high hopes for

Advertisement

Parrish didn't even wore down late. He wore down pretty much around that MTSU game and after that he only had one good game. I'm super concern about the running back room. Injuries have destroyed the depth for the last few years. I wanna saw Cam Harris was the first of many injuries to hit that room. I'm praying the 2 freshmans can go the year with zero serious injuries

Brashard should get a look at RB this spring with so much uncertainty behind Parrish.

He could be useful in a Jason Geathers-ish role as a 3rd down back.
Not against situationally lining him up back there but actually running the ball as a fulltime or even part time back?
He's not built for it. Most wr's aren't

Advertisement
I like both of these guys a lot and they both have a huge opportunity.

Brashard checks all the boxes as a slot receiver and George can line up in a few spots. Getting George back this week is perfect timing!
I remember getting excited about them last year when X went down with an injury. Now it seems they are our 2 biggest playmakers. Let's hope Ray Ray makes the same jump next year.

Advertisement
Back