Brandon Powell Senior Highlights

I believe I read somewhere this kid has like a 4.0 GPA and will graduate early and be here in Jan.

Advertisement
That instramental made me bounce a little but sick overall athlete just think what he will do on a good field, scary thought. Happy to have him as a cane.

Advertisement
I think I would like to see him get his first look at Corner.

I'm glad you're not on our corching staff..

Smh Larry Coker-ish statement there "Let's put our most explosive player with the ball Devin Hester at corner!!!"

Last edited:

Smh Larry Coker-ish statement there "Let's put our most explosive player with the ball Devin Hester at corner!!!"

Glad your a porster who gets wet over highlight reels. I'm fine with Powell on offense but we need playmakers on defense. If we manage to flip Sony, you can bet that is where Powell gets his first burn.

Advertisement

Glad your a porster who gets wet over highlight reels. I'm fine with Powell on offense but we need playmakers on defense. If we manage to flip Sony, you can bet that is where Powell gets his first burn.

The staff told him that they're going to use him in the same roll they use Duke... Haven't seen Golden bait and switch any kids yet.
I'm sure he'll let all RBs fight it out when they get here and then suggest changes if necessary

The staff told him that they're going to use him in the same roll they use Duke... Haven't seen Golden bait and switch any kids yet.
I'm sure he'll let all RBs fight it out when they get here and then suggest changes if necessary

Sounds reasonable and valid to me. I just think Brandon could contribute on defense as well and sooner. My comment was really a compliment to his versatility but you know how it is; porsters gonna porst.

I don't want a kid that explosive and with that much pure playmaking ability at corner. I want the ball in his hands as much as possible.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
We desperately need to build quality depth at RB, this kid looks too good not to be at RB. I like our current depth at CB, Crawford, Gunter, Howard and Burns is a pretty strong group of 4.

Advertisement
We desperately need to build quality depth at RB, this kid looks too good not to be at RB. I like our current depth at CB, Crawford, Gunter, Howard and Burns is a pretty strong group of 4.

Hypothetically Scuba, if (and that is a very big IF) we flip Sony and have an on-paper RB class of J Yearby, Michel and B Powell, do you keep Powell at RB? In that scenario, I think you have to seriously think about getting him some burn at CB. We need a solid rotation at CB of 3 to 4 playmakers. My premise is Brandon could be a playmaker there as well. Only one dude can carry the rock at a time though.

He isnt built to be a regular RB, more of a situational guy. We are in need of DBs and RBs, I see him either an excellent DB(CB or S) or an excellent 3rd down Back. Now conventional wisdom sais put a lightning in a bottle guy on offense, but the thing is that while Powell is awesome and has the ability to make big plays happen at the next level, he isnt a phenom and I dont see that next level gear. Im fine with either, but I think we get more out of him as a full time DB, say **** it and give him 5-10 touches a game.

Posted already that I like him as a hybrid slot receiver/third down running back used like Sproles. Guess we will see, but we would have to actually throw the ball to the running back some in order to do that.

The sad thing is we definitely have it in our repertoire to get creative and put him on the field at the same time as Duke AND Gus Edwards AND Crawford as the Wildcat QB and throw some major weirdness at the defense, but I have seen nothing from Coley yet that makes me think we would actually implement it.

Advertisement
Back