brandon meriweather or kenny phillips

If I remember correctly Kenny Phillips got ran over by the same running back from LSU in college and the NFL.

It was against WVU. But you're probably right about that.

BM and KP were about the same. Kenny stood out on a team that wasn't as talented.

Advertisement
Dude, you can gtfo, too. Stay in your own convo.

With your username, you just remind us all of a great friend who is no longer here. And you will never replace him.
Oh my bad. You’re one of those people. Carry on then.

Meriweather (as much as I love him) is not the most underrated Cane player of All time....I can name a plethora of more underrated Canes...

Do those players have the same accolades, hold a UM record for their position group, and then go on to be an All-Pro in the NFL?

Thats the context in which I’m referring to him as “underrated”.

Advertisement
I remember Brandin laying a big hit on the Louisville TE in the OB in 2004. However I always remember the Kenny Phillips INT at Clemson the following year in the OT game

He and I were freshmen that same year and I remember that interception (and the ensuing party at The Rat) being my "welcome to college" moment.

BM. I remember the controversy over him starting over Threat in 05. Pre season Coker said that BM too it to another level. He was right.

Advertisement
BM. I remember the controversy over him starting over Threat in 05. Pre season Coker said that BM too it to another level. He was right.
Greg Threat wasn’t very good in 04. His lack of speed was exposed a bunch. He was much better in 05 though. Was always a sure tackler.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Greg Threat wasn’t very good in 04. His lack of speed was exposed a bunch. He was much better in 05 though. Was always a sure tackler.

Threat and Reddick were 2 dudes who I thought were going to be absolute ballers and flashed early before ultimately settling in to mediocrity. Both arguably would have been better off in the current defense.

Another guy from that era who would have been a perfect striker prospect: Lovon Ponder. Also was arguably the best QB on our team in 2006.

Merriweather. KP was the marginally better athlete IMO but Merriweather hit like a Mack truck. Dude was an enforcer on the back end.

Advertisement
Back