2024 Brandon Jacob 4* Safety from Orlando Evans

What 5 star are they in play for ? I haven’t seen anything of a consensus 5 star leaning towards them. I know they’re a leader for an OT from Pensacola who is highly rated but only OnCheeks has him at 5 stars. Winning is always helpful but recruiting will always be about relationships and most of that FSU staff doesn’t seem to have the reputation for excellence in that category.
Exactly what I'm saying they aren't mentioned with a ton of high 4 or 5 star guys, you either have a staff that can recruit at a extremely high level or you can't. Like you said last year they had their best season in forever and was still barely top 20. Vs our staff landing a top 7 class their first full year

Advertisement
FSU is doing better than last year for sure. But last cycle was our first time doing big boy recruiting in the modern era. Where u battle Bama, UGA and Ohio basically for every recruit. From what i see, it dont get real till June really. The kids who know where they going can pop in April and May but the real battles pop off in June and July and then into the season. This period is like the sparring part of the matches. When FSU have to fight those schools which they basically avoid last cycle, then ill see how they are doing, cuz SEC schools are gonna come after their recruits and dont make the season fall below expectations for them. U see how tough it got for us.

Advertisement
Do we have a shot here? We’re in his Top 5 and he’s announcing today supposedly.

I suspect not. He only took an unofficial here back in March, but then took OVs to TAMU, Maryland, and UCF in June.
Plus with Thomas and Day (more of a safety/nickel, but still) already in, plus looking good with Patterson, I would be surprised to hear UM is pushing hard. Besides, I can't remember any of our insiders really mentioning him.

I suspect not. He only took an unofficial here back in March, but then took OVs to TAMU, Maryland, and UCF in June.
Plus with Thomas and Day (more of a safety/nickel, but still) already in, plus looking good with Patterson, I would be surprised to hear UM is pushing hard. Besides, I can't remember any of our insiders really mentioning him.
Yeah we need corners in the worst way.

Advertisement
Animated GIF

Advertisement
On3 and their clear agenda, last year was money, Ruiz, blah blah blah. This year there’s been a multitude of guys none of us have ever seen spoken about with serious intent, choosing teams “over” us

He did visit us back in March on an unofficial, but the lack of OV and noise since then is pretty telling IMO. Literally every other school they listed, he OV'd, lol. On3 is cheeks.

Advertisement
Watch out for him to be on flip watch for FSU/UM come December….especially if he has a great senior season coupled with someone like Day getting antsy when the $EC come calling

He did get a real offer

Doubt it.

I think even these can be tip-toed around and it's really backup plan interest…Not for all of them. But some of them

With Patterson probable and Thomas in the fold and Mack and Frederique… You really think all of these guys have commitable offers. I think it's our way of staying in touch if we want to circle back later.

Doubt it.

I think even these can be tip-toed around and it's really backup plan interest…Not for all of them. But some of them

With Patterson probable and Thomas in the fold and Mack and Frederique… You really think all of these guys have commitable offers. I think it's our way of staying in touch if we want to circle back later.
It’s gotta be Miami staying in the fold Csz at the end of the day he is “committed” to Maryland I think it’s a wait and see for his senior year and if he goes crazy Miami just pushes the pedal down on the recruitment

Advertisement
Back