2023 Brandon Innis - WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah bruh if Saban or Kirby coached here kids won't leave that's how u have to think. Who the **** leaves sfla for a school in the boondocks? Your job is to convince kids to come or stay that is a gift. Kelly was going to leave Florida to until Mario came. I'm giving him a pass cause Mario hasn't worked on Innis for three years but eventually he has to land these type of kids.
My daughter did cheer for west pines optimist 4 years ago.
I asked one of the coaches who also had a daughter on the cheer squad why the sofla kids don’t want to be canes. He said they all at one point or another want to.
He told me a story about a low 3 star that camped out 3 years straight waiting for an offer. He said when he didn’t get an offer in his last camp he went home crying in the car.
He said a lot kids feel that way with exception of the elite players.
He said as soon as these kids show any little bit of talent that starts separating them form the rest, the local coaches start “brainwashing them”. His words not mine.
He said that the clout chasing starts from the coaches who want to brag about how they have a kid that Bama wants or how they coached this kid or that kid.
Idk if it’s true but it makes some sense.
But Miami not winning has to be a strong issue as well.

Advertisement
I get where ur coming from, but I'll tell you why ur wrong. Pulling 4 out of the Top 6 WRs in SFLA in THIS '23 class won't result in a sting....here's why...

Let's say they're ranked 1-6 in the state of Florida at WR. So we lose #1, #2, and land #3,#4,#5, and #6. 4 out of the top 6 WRs in South Florida in a historically deep FL WR class.

What are the chances that in college, #1 and #2 remain the best out of the Top 6? Odds are that at least 2 of the 3-6 group wind up on par with, if not better than AT LEAST 1 of the Top 2.

In normal situations there's a bit of a substantial drop-off from numbers 1 and say #5....but in this case we'd be talking about, let's say, Inniss vs Robby (I have Brown and Joseph as 3 and 4, with Jean as 6). Inniss is NICE, I mean the kid is filthy and I'd love for us to snag him....however, Robby isn't exactly your typical consolation prize (Bama is after this kid too).

I get it! Let’s see how we finish? Give me the receivers you think we will end up with legit if you had money on it

I was listening to a few canes podcast this morning and on one of them (I think it was Manny Navarro pod) they mentioned that we will start seeing more of these kids stay home w/Mario for 2024 and 2025...2023 kids knew what schools they liked before Mario got here...I think we will steal a few but I agree the effort and winning this season with impact more 2024-2025 S.flo kids
No offense to you but that’s bull****. You’re saying these kids made up their mind in 2021 and all of 2022 they won’t change it? There may be a kid or two but that’s the exception, not the rule.

If anyone thinks that’s the case, I’ve got beachfront property on the moon to sell them.

No offense to you but that’s bull****. You’re saying these kids made up their mind in 2021 and all of 2022 they won’t change it? There may be a kid or two but that’s the exception, not the rule.

If anyone thinks that’s the case, I’ve got beachfront property on the moon to sell them.
You don’t think Innis had his mind made up he was leaving Miami? I think Miami is so far behind for Innis..when they probably have been sold on Bama, Georgia, Ohio state for years now..I do agree this might be the exception tho

Rivals just had the top plays of the tourney and guess who was the only kid with multiple top catches?
kid just make plays when you have to...line up the bes of the best he gonna find a way. may not be the tallest or fastest but for some reason he gonna come down with that ball or make someone miss in the open field an make something happen. Ive seen it since youth football days with him

Advertisement
I asked one of the coaches who also had a daughter on the cheer squad why the sofla kids don’t want to be canes. He said they all at one point or another want to.
He told me a story about a low 3 star that camped out 3 years straight waiting for an offer. He said when he didn’t get an offer in his last camp he went home crying in the car.
He said as soon as these kids show any little bit of talent that starts separating them form the rest, the local coaches start “brainwashing them”. His words not mine.
He said that the clout chasing starts from the coaches who want to brag about how they have a kid that Bama wants or how they coached this kid or that kid.
I AGREE 100, THEY BRAINWASH TF OUT OF THE KIDS. this has to be the truth it sounds the way of snakes so this post i 100 percent believe it just sounds right. When I hear the truth I recognize quick its a gift and this is it.

Lol yeah its sour grapes, cuz we talked down all the south FL athletes that went away like Jeudy and Dalvin and Surtain. I dont care if Innis comes here or not. He is a good player, when I see 5 star, I don't wanna see just production, I wanna see elite athleticism, man u sure will be a first round pick, like Cormani unless other factors over take his football ability. Dont see it, dont think man was better than Jeff Thomas. That's my opinion. Not one sour grapes. WR is one position where u can always find good players and we on a bunch who I think are better athletes. Good player not some generational type.

You don’t think Innis had his mind made up he was leaving Miami? I think Miami is so far behind for Innis..when they probably have been sold on Bama, Georgia, Ohio state for years now..I do agree this might be the exception tho
I’m saying none of these kids have their mind made up. Actually, I should say these kids minds are made up 7,8,9 different times before the ink finally dries on signing day.

Does that mean they stay home? I hope so. We gotta start getting these kids to stay home. But to think any of these kids are going to one place and not another is too much. Imagine being 16-17 years old, going to places you’ve never been before and being treated and paid like you’ve never been before. These kids are all UGA, Bama, OSU, Miami until they get an offer that the others won’t match.

One thing I’ve never understood about this phenomenon of coaches (and I wholeheartedly believe what you wrote), is the amount of influence these coaches have. I know some will say that so may kids in S Fla don’t have a strong father figure and therefore the coach occupies that position and/or can be opportunistic and occupy that position. But in Georgia at least, where there are plenty of single mothers, I’ve never heard of coaches having the ability to steer players to a specific college, or even spending a lot of time trying.

I wonder of the narrative of the high school coach being able to steer a kid here or there isn’t a little bit overplayed in S Fla. I’d love to know if people in SoCal make similar arguments.

Advertisement
One thing I’ve never understood about this phenomenon of coaches (and I wholeheartedly believe what you wrote), is the amount of influence these coaches have. I know some will say that so may kids in S Fla don’t have a strong father figure and therefore the coach occupies that position and/or can be opportunistic and occupy that position. But in Georgia at least, where there are plenty of single mothers, I’ve never heard of coaches having the ability to steer players to a specific college, or even spending a lot of time trying.

I wonder of the narrative of the high school coach being able to steer a kid here or there isn’t a little bit overplayed in S Fla. I’d love to know if people in SoCal make similar arguments.
And then there's the Moe-Shemar Stewart category 🙄

I get it! Let’s see how we finish? Give me the receivers you think we will end up with legit if you had money on it
B. Inniss
N. Joseph
J. Brown
R. Washington

Apart of me wants to say we take 4 but if we take two TEs this class, plus go trench heavy on OL/DL...I don't see how we have room for 4

B. Inniss
N. Joseph
J. Brown
R. Washington

Apart of me wants to say we take 4 but if we take two TEs this class, plus go trench heavy on OL/DL...I don't see how we have room for 4
Any 2 of those 4 is a **** good addition. Then press the WR's in next class after they see amateur hour is over down here.

Because the georgia coaches are being paid to coach football. They dont have to steer anywhere...the rest of the community/town/ teachers are steering the kids where need be. There industrialized as most of the ppl in those communities went to those STATE schools.

I dont remember EVER having a teacher/admin that went to UM. Everyone went to UF/FSU or some other state school....I also lost money coaching high school coaching as it was done volunteerrily. Hency bag chasing is done by the same coach/handler.

Alot of times it isnt the general HEAD HIGH SCHOOL coach but rather a hanger on/handler type from the youth football days or neighborhood. They literaly have more pull than most of the high school head coaches down here. An "assistant" can leave a program and you can watch the WHOLE thing crumble and where ever he went all of a sudden become a threat with transfers.

All that to say,...GEORGIA pushes kids to UGA....its not totally the same down here....we have 3 legitimate power 5 programs other than us down here. Georgia doesnt have a threat AT ALL in state.

Advertisement
And then there's the Moe-Shemar Stewart category 🙄
53dfadd9-0c6b-4dbe-8e5d-127b7b9183f8_text.gif

B. Inniss
N. Joseph
J. Brown
R. Washington

We will absolutely take four. I wouldn’t be shocked if we take five if its the right five. Remember the 85 cap is all that matters this year. And we are way too thin at WR.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back