2023 Brandon Innis - WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its 7 on 7...basically AAU ball. You can add whomever. The TATE kid isnt a S.fla kid either.

To be honest the OC for SFE is my homie and i coached under him my first year coaching hs ball 2 years back.... The wr coach for Malachi Nelson's team is from my area (same neighborhood as Avery Huff, Phil Dorsett,Allen Hurns, Thad Franklin) he is a s.fla guy and was college teammates with the OC for SFE. So there in lies the connection.
Its the reason I think i previously mentioned we should look at the wrs on the Los Al team a bit because they are being coached by a guy from Hollywood, Fla. But thats moot because they likely all are USC bound.
Maybe MARIO should bring your boy back home 😉 … Specially if that school continues to push out talent like this years 23“ class 💯

Advertisement
Yep. I’m surprised Collin hurst is the SFE qb? Dude is a marginal prospect yet he’s the QB on the best 7x7 team?
Why would that surprise you? Its 7 on 7, not real football with an OL and a pass rush. Colin Hurst is way better than any QB from down here over the last few cycles and would be a 5 star prospect if he was a few inches taller. That boy can play QB an is an incredible 7 on 7 QB.

Until Miami wins a natty or is consistently in the playoff, I’ll never pay attention to an American Heritage player recruitment. Call a spade a spade, they’re front runners, but I’ll never blame a WR who wants to play for Lincoln Riley.

I always thought Cook was a sure fire super star and he became that so there is sure fire guys that individuals believe in and it comes to pass.
I think we would both agree, all of the guys you listed (Jeudy, Cooper, Cook) all had the potential to be super stars. But the fact that they panned out doesn’t prove anything. For every Cook there’s a Lingard, for every Jeudy there’s a Leggett, for every Cooper there’s a Coley, and there are a ton of guys who get derailed simply because of injuries.

Either way, I’m just looking forward to us signing those guys again lol

Advertisement
He already committed to Lincoln Riley while at Oklahoma and his primary recruiter from Oklahoma also went to USC. So there's history there which would lead to a higher confidence level.

Mario's going to make it hard for these guys to not pick Miami but we can't get everybody (aka Shemar) so I'm more so commenting on the people that post "Cane" like it's a mic drop lol.
Shemar is not a fair comparison at all but Miami fans stay Miami'ing.

If there's a Top 4 WR coach/recruiter in the country, Dennis Simmons is definitely on that list. Beast recruiter. He doesn't miss much.

Kind of like Riley with his QB recruits, he identifies his targets early on goes all in.

On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons wrote yesterday that while confidence is growing for USC, Miami and Ohio State are still very much in the thick of things.

Miami is always going to be in this. It is the hometown school, and Mario Cristobal is making Inniss a personal target,” Simmons said. “But the school challenging USC the most right now is Ohio State. Ryan Day and Brian Hartline are involved with Inniss and he will be in Columbus April 1-3. The Buckeyes are a serious contender as well.”

https://www.on3.com/college/miami-h...don-inniss-locks-in-miami-visit-for-march-24/

On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons wrote yesterday that while confidence is growing for USC, Miami and Ohio State are still very much in the thick of things.

Miami is always going to be in this. It is the hometown school, and Mario Cristobal is making Inniss a personal target,” Simmons said. “But the school challenging USC the most right now is Ohio State. Ryan Day and Brian Hartline are involved with Inniss and he will be in Columbus April 1-3. The Buckeyes are a serious contender as well.”

https://www.on3.com/college/miami-h...don-inniss-locks-in-miami-visit-for-march-24/
Makes sense, the only other system I would want to play in outside of SC if I wasn’t a die hard Cane is what Day has over there.

Advertisement
This recruitment is going to be very interesting. Even if Inniss commits to USC early, Mario will continue to chip away and view this as a long game.

I would say that Bama and UGA not being involved is telling as well because usually Saban will not waste his time if he has an idea of where a kid is going....IMO Saban knows this will be the first of many USC vs Miami battles.

Also, two visits with Mario in about two months is music to our ears. Can only imagine how Lincoln Riley is looking because you'd better believe we likely go after the #1 WR kid out of Bishop Gorman...currently committed to USC.

The other good thing is that Riley isn't going to fret it too much because he'll get anyone he wants out west at the WR position....so if he begins to feel that Inniss is feeling Miami, he might go ahead and take 3 WRs and tell Inniss the 4th spot is his if he wants it. On the other hand, we likely only have space for about 3 WRs when you think about 8 or 9 spots being taken to infuse our OL and DL depth with talent. This will also play to our hand.

All in all, I think Mario pulls this one off and is able to get Inniss.

Why go to USC and play with a QB who won;t be as good as TVD, Jake Garcia or Jacurri when you can stay close to home and play with awesome QBs?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why go to USC and play with a QB who won;t be as good as TVD, Jake Garcia or Jacurri when you can stay close to home and play with awesome QBs?
Not for nothing but Caleb Williams is as good if not better than TVD right now. Add to that a Lincoln Riley offense that's produced some legit WR recently, and it's not hard to figure out why a WR would want to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back