2023 Brandon Innis - WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't even seem necessary to hide it anymore. Any company that may want to offer an nil deal could seemingly pay travel expenses for a potential employee they want to interview couldn't they?

Advertisement
So supposedly Innis is infactuated with Lincoln and his offense.

Here is what I would sell.

Charleston Rambo in 3 season at OU under Lincoln-76 catches/1,180 yards/9 TDs

Charleston Rambo in one season at Miami-79 catches/1,172 yards/7 TDs

Also in 2021 Total offense national rankings:

OU-18th
Miami-19th

OU-18th
Miami-19th
I mean you can try and sell him the QB but not the offense. TVD could ball this year and be gone, and we don’t necessarily know if Jake Garcia would be as productive. Lincoln’s offense seems to be a plug and play and any QB that’s in will help their WR’s put up numbers.

Advertisement
I think being in Miami over LA wins out over time. Mario just has to keep recruiting him.
It will certainly help, especially if Gattis earns his paycheck. I had Mario as a top 15ish coach a month ago when we were doing coaching top 10s but he is 100% top 5 recruiting wise. We will be a threat for almost every local kid going forward. The old days of tier 2/3 recruiting are over.

OU-18th
Miami-19th
That wouldn’t really be a viable selling point because we’re not running the same offense anymore.

And honestly, trying to use offense as a selling point when you’re going head to head with Lincoln Riley for a recruit is hustling backwards lol...

For elite 5-stars like this we have to sell True Freshman playing time, being a hometown star & making BIG NIL money.

But either way, it was always going to be the long shot of long shots trying to convince Inniss to stay home, it’s pretty much been a forgone conclusion he was going OOS since he was a Freshman in HS.

We have a shot because Mario is a really good recruiter & we’re finally going to spend big money in recruiting, so if we have a good season & we keep after him we can still possibly pull it off, it’s long season & anything can happen, but the odds aren’t in our favor as of right now.

It will certainly help, especially if Gattis earns his paycheck. I had Mario as a top 15ish coach a month ago when we were doing coaching top 10s but he is 100% top 5 recruiting wise. We will be a threat for almost every local kid going forward. The old days of tier 2/3 recruiting are over.

100. Mario may or may not be a top 10 head coach in the absolute sense. But I'm with DWins that this guy is the PERFECT HC for Miami. I honestly can't think of a better option, not one. Even Nick Satan would be too old and tired to rebuild a program 20 years out from our last championship, IMHO.

Just keep recruiting relentlessly, which I know Mario's staff will do, and everything will fall into place.

it’s pretty much been a forgone conclusion he was going OOS since he was a Freshman in HS.

Not contesting this. But I believe the good guys win if it's down to us vs. USC.

No insider info, just 30 years of following recruiting. USC is too far and doesn't offer anything substantively different than what Miami offers. If it's us v Bama or A&M that's different. But if it's us v USC, Miami gets him.

Advertisement
Not contesting this. But I believe the good guys win if it's down to us vs. USC.

No insider info, just 30 years of following recruiting. USC is too far and doesn't offer anything substantively different than what Miami offers. If it's us v Bama or A&M that's different. But if it's us v USC, Miami gets him.
Rivals thinks Ohio State leads.

OU-18th
Miami-19th

I agree, but here’s the devil’s advocate:

CeeDee Lamb & Hollywood Brown.

Unfortunately, CeeDee & Hollywood put up Uber #’s as the 1 WR for two yrs at OU & were both 1st round picks.

Rambo put up great #’s as the 2, as a TF, but when he became #1 after CeeDee left, he fell off. He also will more than likely be a Day 3 pick.

Listen, I’m O&G til I die & I always roll w/ our guys, but I’m also hella objective w/ every one of my sports teams. U’re throwing out 2021 #’s which were an anomaly:

Since Riley became HC at OU, they ranked #1, #1, #3, #11, #18 in Total O, & #3, #7, #18, #14, & #33 in Passing O. Furthermore, we have to remember the O is going to be different from last yr to this yr. We can’t tote around 2021 b/c Lashlee is not here anymore.

So w/ a guy like Innis, his love may be w/ us, but we’re going to need to show him something from a business decision. Riley can point to two 1st round WRs under his system; we haven’t had a 1st round WR since Dorsett many moons ago.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back