2023 Brandon Innis - WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the people who have seen him play in person(I haven't) I'm curious what makes y'all say he's elite. Myself from the limited highlights I've seen, I saw a fast kid who runs decent enough for against bad coverage often and his qb throws him open. Again I haven't seen him play. But out of all those highlights I didn't see anything that highlighted route running, an ability to get open beyond out running coverage or anything special with the ball in his hands after the catch. Compare him to lil Bobby & it doesn't seem close to me.

Advertisement
So for the people who have seen him play in person(I haven't) I'm curious what makes y'all say he's elite. Myself from the limited highlights I've seen, I saw a fast kid who runs decent enough for against bad coverage often and his qb throws him open. Again I haven't seen him play. But out of all those highlights I didn't see anything that highlighted route running, an ability to get open beyond out running coverage or anything special with the ball in his hands after the catch. Compare him to lil Bobby & it doesn't seem close to me.
The two WR’s that I’ve seen for 2023 that in my opinion are the most explosive and dangerous with the ball in their hands are Washington and Williams.

I like Innis too, but in my opinion, RW is faster and has way more wiggle. Washington is also an explosive KR/PR.

Williams is a straight up athletic freak. Reminds me of Dre.

Innis seems to have really good straight line speed, but at least on film, he didn’t display a lot of wiggle or short area quickness.

Last edited:
Let me start by saying that Inniss is a man and you have to recruit him. Inniss reminds me of a University of Texas signee. He matured early, broke into U School's lineup in 8th grade, made a name and legend for himself early, and hasn't got any better over the years. Positives: good size, fast in a straight line, good jump ball receiver, hard worker and determined. Negatives: what you see is what you get, not a good route runner, never makes anyone miss, and has displayed prima donna like behavior. This year he was forced to play QB for an under-performing AH team when their QB went down, so he doesn't have a lot of highlights from this season, but watch him at QB if you want to see what people are saying about doesn't make anyone miss and lack of short area quickness.

Advertisement
Having seen him play and and talking to ppl he just explodes with speed when close to or even with corners he is always open and does well with contested balls. Weird from traditional scouting where he isn’t the fastest/quickest and not physical or a tier route running but makes himself open all the time

Interestingly, I feel the same way about brown. I think innis is a very good prospect but to me,the dude with the higher ceiling is Williams. Innis is a step on the field now kind of kid and brown will need more work. I love his speed but I haven’t seen what jumps off the screen like the other 2. Jmo.

Last edited:

Put it like this...

You suit up...you bring your best db...line him up one on one and Innis is taking his cookies. Always has been. Just name all the elites from down here recently and he has ate off their plate since youth leagues.

At multiple positions as well. When he was at Uschool i seen him play wr...catch a td...play db..get a pick...take a kick back...and line up at qb and win the game with like a 50+ yarder walk off all in 1 game.

He's just a gamer.

Innis film from this year also is against better comp

Advertisement
Having seen him play and and talking to ppl he just explodes with speed when close to or even with corners he is always open and does well with contested balls. Weird from traditional scouting where he isn’t the fastest/quickest and not physical or a tier route running but makes himself open all the time
THIS.

If they are even...ball is in the air..he is coming down with it

Advertisement
Put it like this...

You suit up...you bring your best db...line him up one on one and Innis is taking his cookies. Always has been. Just name all the elites from down here recently and he has ate off their plate since youth leagues.

At multiple positions as well. When he was at Uschool i seen him play wr...catch a td...play db..get a pick...take a kick back...and line up at qb and win the game with like a 50+ yarder walk off all in 1 game.

He's just a gamer.

I'll take your word for it brother. Me going off of nothing but what he chooses to show as his highlights I see tons of bad coverage and what seems like a possession reciever out of him. But film is very deceptive. It's the Lil stuff that seperate a reciever from the pack. Again I'm taking your word for it brother. I know you're on top of the locals like that.

Advertisement
Put it like this...

He's just a gamer.

Im not gonna say this kid aint all that, never seen him play. And people who do evaluations for a living rate him as a 5 star.
That alone cannot be why you say he is special. Yearby was as productive as Dalvin in high school, in college no comparison. Jerry Jeudy was in a option or some run heavy offense, just like Skinner, who FSU fans are clowning cuz all IMG do is run. I don't see elite athletics like i expect from 5 star WRs from Innis. Remember ole dude that went to FSU, then had to turn DB, Ermon Lane....he was a 5 star and dominated high school football. So im not saying he is not a 5 star, dominance is one thing but the athletics and the transisition projection has to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back