Brandon Cleveland decommited

Made sense to drop this kid but definitely nervous about Simpson's recruiting abilities

The one year he was here he missed on alot of D Line Targets

DT - Braylen Ingraham (ALA)
DT - Quashon Fuller (FSU)
DE - JJ Weaver (UK)
DE - Khris Bogle (UF)
DE - Lloyd Summerall (UF)
DE - Kevin Harris (ALA)
eh who did he really miss on none of those guys have produced.

Advertisement
But he decommited before Simpson left, champ. He decommited due to our season. It had chit to do w/ Simpson b/c Simpson was still the coach when he decommited.

But he decommited before Simpson left, champ. He decommited due to our season. It had chit to do w/ Simpson b/c Simpson was still the coach when he decommited.
You have to COMMIT somewhere first to Decommit.

tenor.gif

I was saying he wasn’t a blue chipper When recruited.
Based on the context, it seemed like a comment suggesting Simpson's ability developing talent (like GR and Willis) trumps his recruiting record.

If your point was simply that sometimes 3* players outperform their ranking, I think most people would agree. That said, if it was my job on the line, I'd much rather leave it in the hands of blue chip players over 3* players.

Made sense to drop this kid but definitely nervous about Simpson's recruiting abilities

The one year he was here he missed on alot of D Line Targets

DT - Braylen Ingraham (ALA)
DT - Quashon Fuller (FSU)
DE - JJ Weaver (UK)
DE - Khris Bogle (UF)
DE - Lloyd Summerall (UF)
DE - Kevin Harris (ALA)

Some would say...

He didn't miss out on anything.

Advertisement
You have to COMMIT somewhere first to Decommit.

tenor.gif

Bro; u just said he decommited b/c Simpson left, and that’s not true. He decommited while Simpson was here. He decommited during the ‘18 season while Simpson was still coach. Banda & Stroud pulled him back in.

I’m simply rebutting ur statement that he decommited b/c Simpson left; that’s not true.

Bro; u just said he decommited b/c Simpson left, and that’s not true. He decommited while Simpson was here. He decommited during the ‘18 season while Simpson was still coach. Banda & Stroud pulled him back in.

I’m simply rebutting ur statement that he decommited b/c Simpson left; that’s not true.
I simply didn't remember that he decommitted and the time frame. Had to literally go back n lool it up. That being said..you still were trying to discredit Simpson for getting him to commit in the first place..I literally told you I was standing there.

That being said it's a whole lot of hoopla about Simpson being a guy that can't recruit or whatever and I'm trying to figure out where its coming from.

I don't know if he is a world beater or anything but I seen enough of him in person to know we should be alright there.

exactly man

he may be a great teacher which he seems to be
but 50% or more of college football coaching is recruiting
i just think were giving him too much benefit of the doubt at this time
what is going on should raise some eyebrows
bc he lost two dline commits without any replacements or even any smoke that theyll sign a replacement soon
maybe he didn't "lose " them.

maybe he didn't "lose " them.
You’re right maybe he dropped them or pushed them out
My issue is letting committed recruits for whatever the reason go when there is no clear evidence that anyone else is in line to replace them
Let’s just hope he knows what he’s doing, I just feel that as a recruiter Simpson has a lot to prove and he could possibly be a major down grade from stroud

Advertisement
Not really tho. If he is supposed to be this high level 4 star player he should literally dominate and have 10-15 tfl per game against the caliber of competition he is playing against. Some of you guys just don't understand how bad it is
Basically same thing I said when he committed. To be fair to Cleveland though, Nicolas Petit-Frere faced the same type of competition at Berkeley and I believe he is starting at Ohio St

Im not going to lie, I haven’t even look at the kids tape yet. My reason for saying pass is petty and solely based off the school he’s at. Seffner Christian and Carrolwood Day plays schools that throw out 8th graders on the field. I knew he is only a rising JR , and he very well may be that dude. Imo, a player of Miami’s caliber needs to absolutely dominate at the level. I’m talking at least 13 to 15 sacks. I’ll keep an eye on him for sure but with him being ready to make commit, all the attention his is receiving, we might not be in a position to turn his commit down (if he were to commit to us).

DJ Pickett is an 8th grader we offered from the same school

Some would say...

He didn't miss out on anything.
I do like Simpson, but just because some guys haven’t immediately produced doesn’t mean he “didn’t miss” on them. They are misses because Simpson tried but was unable to sell them on UM.

Ingraham and Bogle are two guys whose production would be way different had they come here.

Bogle I give him some slack because he was bag chasing, but Ingraham chose to be a benchwarmer at Bama over being the ideal 3-tech at Miami, where playing time was much more up for grabs.

That’s a failure to sell, which does not affect the recruit’s future production.

I do like Simpson, but just because some guys haven’t immediately produced doesn’t mean he “didn’t miss” on them. They are misses because Simpson tried but was unable to sell them on UM.

Ingraham and Bogle are two guys whose production would be way different had they come here.

Bogle I give him some slack because he was bag chasing, but Ingraham chose to be a benchwarmer at Bama over being the ideal 3-tech at Miami, where playing time was much more up for grabs.

That’s a failure to sell, which does not affect the recruit’s future production.

x100 on Ingraham. He will be in the portal soon. He is getting passed up by younger guys.

Jason Taylor sent him to Saban.
Ingraham was the perfect fit for our scheme...I guess ninja wanted to 2 gap , ride the bench, and front run. Should of known though..he left Dillard for Sta after he had all of his offers. Not saying he is a world beater but sta tried to get Jon Ford from Dillard too and he didnt budge

Advertisement
You’re right maybe he dropped them or pushed them out
My issue is letting committed recruits for whatever the reason go when there is no clear evidence that anyone else is in line to replace them
Let’s just hope he knows what he’s doing, I just feel that as a recruiter Simpson has a lot to prove and he could possibly be a major down grade from stroud
I remember when Stroud came on and ppl were saying his old *** couldnt recruit and he was a downgrade from Simpson. That sh*t flipped rather quickly i see

I remember when Stroud came on and ppl were saying his old *** couldnt recruit and he was a downgrade from Simpson. That sh*t flipped rather quickly i see
narratives change all the time
its the nature of a "what have you done for me now" business
stroud came in with question marks but was able to lock in two very impressive classes back to back which were both better than the class that simpson got
im not saying he is definitely a downgrade recruiting wise but simpson hasnt shown anything that would prove otherwise up to this point

Advertisement
Basically same thing I said when he committed. To be fair to Cleveland though, Nicolas Petit-Frere faced the same type of competition at Berkeley and I believe he is starting at Ohio St

DJ Pickett is an 8th grader we offered from the same school

this kid is an 8th grader ? holy smokes .

Ingraham was the perfect fit for our scheme...I guess ninja wanted to 2 gap , ride the bench, and front run. Should of known though..he left Dillard for Sta after he had all of his offers. Not saying he is a world beater but sta tried to get Jon Ford from Dillard too and he didnt budge
Hate to see kids play themselves out here. NFL GM’s aren’t going to care about that 4 years of Alabama front running when your film has 50 total snaps on it lol. People need to be in these kids ears that your biggest offer is not always going to be the best offer for you. Go somewhere that fits you & will let you rock out. Long term, you’ll benefit way more.

Hate to see kids play themselves out here. NFL GM’s aren’t going to care about that 4 years of Alabama front running when your film has 50 total snaps on it lol. People need to be in these kids ears that your biggest offer is not always going to be the best offer for you. Go somewhere that fits you & will let you rock out. Long term, you’ll benefit way more.
Warren Sapp said some really bad things about Christian Barmore on a podcast. The Alabama halo effect with front 7 guys is total nonsense.

I fully expect to see Ingraham in the portal after this next season....

Advertisement
Back