Bradley Jennings

Groin injury is good news , everything considered. The way people melted down you would have thought he had his leg amputated.

Advertisement
Groin injury is good news , everything considered. The way people melted down you would have thought he had his leg amputated.

Have you ever dipped into one of the gameday threads?
A player cramps out during game and you have folks wailing and jumping off the
ledge, claiming player just ripped his ACL and MCL and will never walk unassisted for
the remainder of his life.
It's a mess.
A bunch of speculative old yentas on this site who melt down over someone else's unsubstantiated
comments.

I’m not going to pretend I know how severe his injury is, if it is even severe at all.

I can only speak from experience regarding a groin injury. First I pulled/tore a groin, non-contact, running a gasser at the end of the day. I swear it sounded like I heard a pop. Maybe I didnt, but anyway, it felt like someone shot that real taut cable like ligament you have that goes from your groin to the top of the leg. It was immediately painful, and I went from a full sprint into the ground.

It’s painful, and was hard to walk normally for a few days.

It took me, if I remember correctly, 2-3 months to get back to full speed. I wish I could be more specific about whether it was a strain or tear, but this was over 20 years ago and I don't even think I had an x-ray, much less an mri. Things were different back then, plus it was high school.

So with some luck, maybe he’ll be back in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement
Do any of you guys remember when Fred Taylor tore his groin while playing for the Jags? He was running through the defense and just crumpled to the ground. Dude literally just threw the ball down on the field in the middle of the play.

Advertisement
Start getting used to these names:

Shawn Walker
Darian Stephenson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back