Bradley Jennings

Advertisement
We just need Linebackers that are going to play assignment football in this scheme. Way to many times over the course of 4 years I saw Pickney and Shaq get greedy, which created a big play. I need Diaz/Baker to show me something as a linebacker coach.

Advertisement
Avery Huff will be the best backer on the team by a long ways by midseason.

I'll gladly enjoy being wrong, but IMO Bradley Jennings will never make much of an impact here. This is already year 4, and he won't be ahead of Brooks or Huff (obviously not McCloud). Could a light come on and he be one of those kids who starts to emerge late in year 4 and plays a lot in year 5? Possibly. But I think it's probably more likely that he graduates and spends his last year somewhere else in 2021.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't discount the possibility of him being the starter at MLB against Temple yeah I said it.

The thing about it is..Jennings was getting reps in 2017 and 2018 sporadically when Shaq needed a blow.

He's infamous for being on the field along with 10 other subs against LSU when they broke the long TD run, but he's got some experience.

He was out there flying around against Wisconsin in the 2017 Orange Bowl.

He's got a bad body but he's basically been an MLB since arriving here, and they may prefer McCloud at WLB which he played last season.

And I'll bet you anything from a diddle eyed Joe to a damned if I know that Diaz will give the upperclassmen every opportunity to win a starting job.

MLB Jennings / Joyner / Steed / Flagg

WLB McCloud / Brooks / Huff / Cave

Advertisement
There's like no chance he starts over McCloud, but Rok gone Rok.

Take some reading lessons, asshoIe.

He's got a bad body but he's basically been an MLB since arriving here, and they may prefer McCloud at WLB which he played last season.

Take some reading lessons, asshoIe.

McCloud hardly played after they decided to RS him, and it was in spot duty to injury. He was the backup at MLB. He's clearly going to be the starting MLB this year. Not sure what else to tell you.

McCloud hardly played after they decided to RS him, and it was in spot duty to injury. He was the backup at MLB. He's clearly going to be the starting MLB this year. Not sure what else to tell you.

Agree with this. McCloud in space is painful. No idea why they wanted him to play striker a couple years back. But he could be good at MLB assuming he's learned to diagnose plays after 5 years. And Joyner looks to me like a natural MLB, so he would be my #2 there if healthy, with Brooks the #3.

Outside guys are Huff and Steed, with Brooks being able to play there, too. I still think they should look at one of Keontra and Carter at OLB if Hall and Bolden lock down the starting roles at Safety. Both those guys could put on 15 pounds quickly with their frames, and they like to hit. Is Carter really only 189? Sure doesn't look it.

Prepare your ****:

Brooks was the backup MLB most of the season.
Ragone played against GT because Brooks had only practiced at MLB.
McCloud was listed as the backup WLB on the official depth chart early on.
McCloud's lone start in 2019 was in place of Pinckney at WLB.
McCloud may very well play MLB because he's old, experienced and trusted, but his more natural position might still be WLB.

Let's see what transpires.

Advertisement
Back