Braden Gall of Athlon Sports says Golden.....

rex karz

Sophomore
...was interested in the Vanderbilt head coaching job after James Franklin went to Penn State.

Gall said, on Nashville radio tonight, that based upon the word of sources he trusts, Golden inquired about the position.

Now is there any doubt Golden has checked out?

Advertisement
I'm not surprised at all. Matter of fact I'd be surprised if Vandy and Pedd were the only 2 jobs he's secretly tried to elope with.

Advertisement
Would have been a great fit for him. And it's not as if the guy they hired is going to be any better.

I'm guessing Golden will do poor enough to get fired after this season, or he'll do well enough to get the Illinois job. In either case, he'll be gone in 2016.

But who replaces him is the more important issue. And like most posters, I don't trust Blake James to make a great hire.

I wouldn't be surprised if he inquired about every job opening there was including Michigan and UF. That man wants out of coral gables badly.

Advertisement
Would have been a great fit for him. And it's not as if the guy they hired is going to be any better.

I'm guessing Golden will do poor enough to get fired after this season, or he'll do well enough to get the Illinois job. In either case, he'll be gone in 2016.

But who replaces him is the more important issue. And like most posters, I don't trust Blake James to make a great hire.

AG isn't leaving after this season. He especially won't be fired. But I do agree- eventually(whenever that is) when golden is gone we need to hire somebody worth their salt. No more guesses. A proven coach whether that be an OC or DC with an outstanding track record.

AG isn't leaving after this season. He especially won't be fired. But I do agree- eventually(whenever that is) when golden is gone we need to hire somebody worth their salt. No more guesses. A proven coach whether that be an OC or DC with an outstanding track record.
It's actually best we didn't fire golden this past season.. Let's think about it, would we really want this incompetent administration(shalala) to have a hand in the most critical coaching search in the past 33 years? Especially if we were not going to rehire butch Davis...

Advertisement
Golden will end up being a lifetime coordinator after the mess he's made here. Don't see him getting hired as a HC anywhere except maybe a small school in a lower division. He's proven he can't hang with the big boys. Our admins and BOT will keep him on if they can, but it's going to get real ugly for all of them if they retain him after another bad season. He clearly doesn't want to be here, but he's stuck as no one else wants him unless he does a good job here this year and his heart clearly isn't in this job.

Last edited:
I'm calling B.S. on that report! As bad as many news reporters are at inventing stories, sports reporters may be worse.

I just realized I have been a caneinsight member over 3 years now. It seems like this sight just started.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's actually best we didn't fire golden this past season.. Let's think about it, would we really want this incompetent administration(shalala) to have a hand in the most critical coaching search in the past 33 years? Especially if we were not going to rehire butch Davis...

Let's lay the blame where it really belongs - WORST BOT's EVER. All the chairman cares about is the Miller School of Medicine..hence the new President.

his wife is from central pa and they both went to Penn St. no one is leaving Miami for Vandy.

Let's lay the blame where it really belongs - WORST BOT's EVER. All the chairman cares about is the Miller School of Medicine..hence the new President.

That's the university of Miami's cash cow, why wouldn't they hire someone to fix and further enhance the medical aspects of the university? It would have been incredibly stupid to hire someone who has no type of experience in working with something that the university made a focal point over the last decade or so. All we can hope for is that frenk will not stand for Mediocre results and actually fund the program like it should have been...

I don't know if I'd consider it a cash cow....don't even know if it's profitable.. and a serious risk, given uncertainty of the future of healthcare in Miami/US. Don't know how smart is/was to roll the dice in such a big way on healthcare. Local press has reported on the potential mess that Shalala has left to new President. Frenk has no real knowledge or interest in football..which could be a huge profit center if run correctly.

That's the university of Miami's cash cow, why wouldn't they hire someone to fix and further enhance the medical aspects of the university? It would have been incredibly stupid to hire someone who has no type of experience in working with something that the university made a focal point over the last decade or so. All we can hope for is that frenk will not stand for Mediocre results and actually fund the program like it should have been...

Advertisement
Back