Brad Kaaya

Anyone who criticizes this kid or questions his ceiling is retarded. I expected him to have a very rough night because that's what true freshman do in those types of games. Instead, Coley put the game in his hands from the beginning and he performed like a boss. He had a few rough plays in the second half, but otherwise played exceptionally. Not his fault the staff (Golden) decided to downshift. Clearly, at bottom, we know that no stage is too big for this kid. The two dropped TD passes were works of art. And he had quite of few of those last night. Hopefully, this offense progresses to the point where even Paterno Jr cannot impose his conservative will on the kid and we eventually blow the doors off defenses for 4 quarters.

You can't have a few rough plays against a team that's won 20+ games in a row. He hits Coley, Berrios catches that TD and we win the game, bottom line. Special teams doesn't have their errors, and we're only needing a FG on that last drives. The defense stays aggressive and Cook isn't running all over us. There is plenty of blame to go around, but all we needed was one of those units to step up and be great, and none of them did.

Advertisement
Anyone who criticizes this kid or questions his ceiling is retarded. I expected him to have a very rough night because that's what true freshman do in those types of games. Instead, Coley put the game in his hands from the beginning and he performed like a boss. He had a few rough plays in the second half, but otherwise played exceptionally. Not his fault the staff (Golden) decided to downshift. Clearly, at bottom, we know that no stage is too big for this kid. The two dropped TD passes were works of art. And he had quite of few of those last night. Hopefully, this offense progresses to the point where even Paterno Jr cannot impose his conservative will on the kid and we eventually blow the doors off defenses for 4 quarters.

But its his fault that he threw an interception into triple coverage on the last drive, when there were open receivers.

I dont see how any QB can be considered playing "exceptional" when they only hit 16/34 of their passes.

Advertisement
New here to CIS... but I'm not sold on Kaaya yet, but one day who knows.

that 2nd half was worse than how good his 1st half was imo.

I'm genuinely interested in what it'd take for you to be sold on him.

He outplayed a Heisman winner last night.

I have seen this post a couple of times today and i still dont understand it. Winston made every winning play during crunch time that he had to make to change the outcome of the game to FSUs favor.

Every QB FSU has went up against outplayed Winston in the 1st half, the 2nd half comes, Winston takes over and he gets it done.

Kaaya only completed 16/34 passes last night, Winston completed 25/42. The difference is 10 of Kaaya's passes were completed in the 1st half, the remaining 6 were in the 2nd half with half of those 6 passes being short passes to Duke Johnson.

Most of Winstons bad plays were in the 1st half, like its always been with him all season, and then he looked like the best QB in the country again in the 2nd half. Winston completed 9 of 15 passes in the 3rd quarter, and 4 of 7 in the 4th, total of 13 of his 25 passes in the 2nd half compared to Kaaya's 6.

I cant stand the fact that this Jameis clown is this special of a QB but he is, but i cant trick myself into thinking that UM has a QB on his level right now, especially when he hasnt earned that level of praise.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He folded? How about the opposing coach saw what we were doing made adjustments at half time. Our coach didn't make adjustments so what we were doing was taken away. We made no adjustments. He doesn't call the plays he runs what's called.

Agree with everthing you said. His one big mistake was the pick, but he knew he had to get the ball out and downfield, it was a forced throw but that's what happens on 4th and 8 and nothing is open underneath.

Kid didnt get it done in the 2nd half ---- this is what happens when a True Frosh gets rushed into playing
Yea bud. Let Me guess your one of the guys at the game who once a incompletion is thrown you scream at the top of your lungs PUT IN HEAPS!

I have seen this post a couple of times today and i still dont understand it. Winston made every winning play during crunch time that he had to make to change the outcome of the game to FSUs favor.

Every QB FSU has went up against outplayed Winston in the 1st half, the 2nd half comes, Winston takes over and he gets it done.

Kaaya only completed 16/34 passes last night, Winston completed 25/42. The difference is 10 of Kaaya's passes were completed in the 1st half, the remaining 6 were in the 2nd half with half of those 6 passes being short passes to Duke Johnson.

Most of Winstons bad plays were in the 1st half, like its always been with him all season, and then he looked like the best QB in the country again in the 2nd half. Winston completed 9 of 15 passes in the 3rd quarter, and 4 of 7 in the 4th, total of 13 of his 25 passes in the 2nd half compared to Kaaya's 6.

I cant stand the fact that this Jameis clown is this special of a QB but he is, but i cant trick myself into thinking that UM has a QB on his level right now, especially when he hasnt earned that level of praise.

Dude you are so wrong! Go back and look at the opportunities to intercept Winston in the second half and we didn't take advantage.

Advertisement
From the first posession of the 3rd qtr, hyis body language was obvious: "Take me out". And he played that way the entire second half. Ducking and throwing desperation lobs into the pash rushers hands, just happy he didn't get contacted.

Never seen a QB in my life (and from Morris, Jacory, KW and Brock, I have seen enough scared loser QB play) that clueless and that panicky in the 2nd half. He wanted out of the game. He seemd relieved when he intentionally threw that INT on the last drive.

From the first posession of the 3rd qtr, hyis body language was obvious: "Take me out". And he played that way the entire second half. Ducking and throwing desperation lobs into the pash rushers hands, just happy he didn't get contacted.

Never seen a QB in my life (and from Morris, Jacory, KW and Brock, I have seen enough scared loser QB play) that clueless and that panicky in the 2nd half. He wanted out of the game. He seemd relieved when he intentionally threw that INT on the last drive.

Is that what you saw Smokey? I figured by the 2nd half you and your hoes were so far gone you thought you were in Tuscaloosa.

Advertisement
Kid didnt get it done in the 2nd half ---- this is what happens when a True Frosh gets rushed into playing
Yea bud. Let Me guess your one of the guys at the game who once a incompletion is thrown you scream at the top of your lungs PUT IN HEAPS!

No, I have been clear from the start --- Brad should be our starting QB and when he has True frosh growing pains, and he has had a few, you stick with him. I also have said from the start of the year, too many of our go to players are true freshman. On the final drive we had first year players at: QB, Running back, 2 Off Lineman ... and while I dont think Berrios was in at that time, we did need him in the first half on a very catchable ball. Even when we were on probation we never played this many true frosh ---- and yes, I hold Al responsible for that

Advertisement
Back