Yards
TD's
Int

Comp % - 61.7
Yards - 3019
TD's - 15
Int - 4

Only 15 TD's? That's below average

3 rushing tds as well. If you have watched any Miami game you know why he only has 18 total touchdowns and only 15 passing. Did you not remember our field goal kicker having the most attempts in the nation, or Miami simply not throwing for tds in the endzone? Or how about all of the rushing tds in the endzone Miami had. Play calling inside the 20 yard line severely impacted his stats

Don't really care for all the excuses, 15 TD's in 11 games is below average. Same play calling last year and he had 26 TD I believe. His season is decent, but nothing great.

No it wasn't the same play calling, we threw the ball a lot more inside the endzone last year which resulted in a bunch of touchdowns. I'm sorry but I'm convinced you wasn't watching the games if you think that was the same playcalling as last year. It's not excuses it's just facts

Advertisement
And people thought he would have better stats this year... The kid lost Duke, Clive, and Dorsett. Add a suspect OL and terrible OC. He did Well considering what he had to work with.

This is what i took from that...FSU gettin worked next year. Gonna stomp a clear mud hole in that ***.

We had one of the worst RZ offense in the country this year. Our kicker was second in the country in FG in the RZ. I hope to see this improve under Richt. In my mind this is the one knock at Kaaya but it isn't all on him.

A huge issue was our inability to run in the redzone.

Advertisement
The low number of sacks is rather deceiving considering the amount of offensive holding calls against Miami. Anyone have stats for those? Also, if he stays healthy, Scott's gonna be a steal for some NFL team - much like Burns was for Jacksonville.

Advertisement
Still wanting to see highlights of him leading the team for a go ahead score vs FSU to win the game.
Don't mean to be a downer but he had a great opportunity to establish himself in position to be consider one of the all time greats but came up short, again. Hopefully Richt gets him to reach his full potential before its all said and done.

Still wanting to see highlights of him leading the team for a go ahead score vs FSU to win the game.
Don't mean to be a downer but he had a great opportunity to establish himself in position to be consider one of the all time greats but came up short, again. Hopefully Richt gets him to reach his full potential before its all said and done.

I'm not defending that last drive but he did put his team with a lead with less than 7 minutes to go in the game with that coley td drive ... Defense didn't get a stop after that drive either with the lead

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya has to be the most excited of all the players to have richt as the new coach. i believe richt will significantly elevate kaaya's game, not only with coaching but more importantly with better play calling.

The low number of sacks is rather deceiving considering the amount of offensive holding calls against Miami. Anyone have stats for those? Also, if he stays healthy, Scott's gonna be a steal for some NFL team - much like Burns was for Jacksonville.

Yup! If Scott can stay healthy, he is gonna be a beast.

Keyshawn.jpg

Advertisement

This is the truth up until this point. Kaaya has proven to be good to very good, but you can't call him elite, yet. He hasn't shown the ability to put the team on his back and win games like other Elite College QB's have.

We had one of the worst RZ offense in the country this year. Our kicker was second in the country in FG in the RZ. I hope to see this improve under Richt. In my mind this is the one knock at Kaaya but it isn't all on him.

I think the main issue was Coley Montana's playcalling.

Too many fade calls (e.g. Nebraska game), and too many nothing runs on early downs. I feel like we were too afraid to attack the middle of the end zone, even though Kaaya has had success there.

This is the truth up until this point. Kaaya has proven to be good to very good, but you can't call him elite, yet. He hasn't shown the ability to put the team on his back and win games like other Elite College QB's have.

He didn't have a competent defensive coordinator to help him or head coach either. Questionable play calling by the offensive coordinator as well. Is he a finished product? No but he has improved a lot this including his accuracy, protecting the ball, throwing on the run and evading sacks while being behind an offensive line that played below average for most of the season

Advertisement
Back