Brad Kaaya Sophomore Highlights

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
[video=youtube;IfZujFfiiMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZujFfiiMs[/video]

Expecting a big Junior year from Kaaya. He def made some great improvements this year

Advertisement
It's amazing he was only sacked 12 times with all of the pressure he had from the opposing dline. Also impressive he did this well with one of the worst running games in the nation although i thought yearby played well this year IMO. Should have gotten more carries

[video=youtube;IfZujFfiiMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZujFfiiMs[/video]

Expecting a big Junior year from Kaaya. He def made some great improvements this year

Nice video.
My favorite play on that vid is at 1 minute where against Pitt he threw on the run.
I think this is something he has gradually improved on.
Good for him.
Somewhat underappreciated QB on this team.

It's a highlight video, so I'd prefer to do it with a bigger sample, but here's what I saw:

- Njoku. Cot****.
- Kaaya's accuracy is excellent when he's settled into his spot and transfers his weight
- I counted approximately 20 throws and he moved off his spot only 4-5 times

As for the last point, that's primarily a focus of the O-Coordinator (some context: our OLine struggled, obviously, too). Kaaya's apparently being encouraged to hit his spot and release - even when there's a pocket or ability to extend to the play by shuffling. This has been a point of emphasis in my hopes for Kaaya's big leap.

He's for sure gotten better than his 1st year. His best game doing this was his last game against Pitt (a good sign). But, we need Richt to encourage him to pop off his spot and still be 75% as good with accuracy to those 2nd and 3rd reads. They're typically far more open than the 1st read and they're also where we're most likely to see the biggest plays.

Really excited to see what Kaaya can do under Richt.

Advertisement
It's a highlight video, so I'd prefer to do it with a bigger sample, but here's what I saw:

- Njoku. Cot****.
- Kaaya's accuracy is excellent when he's settled into his spot and transfers his weight
- I counted approximately 20 throws and he moved off his spot only 4-5 times

As for the last point, that's primarily a focus of the O-Coordinator (some context: our OLine struggled, obviously, too). Kaaya's apparently being encouraged to hit his spot and release - even when there's a pocket or ability to extend to the play by shuffling. This has been a point of emphasis in my hopes for Kaaya's big leap.

He's for sure gotten better than his 1st year. His best game doing this was his last game against Pitt (a good sign). But, we need Richt to encourage him to pop off his spot and still be 75% as good with accuracy to those 2nd and 3rd reads. They're typically far more open than the 1st read and they're also where we're most likely to see the biggest plays.

Really excited to see what Kaaya can do under Richt.

RigHT. good post.

Advertisement
I think he really needs to work on his deep ball tho. Too many times where our receivers had to wait for the rock to get there and the defense caught up to them on posts, seams, go routes, corners, and fades. Should just let it fly and let our guys run under it. I know people say our Our receivers are slow but they were flying by nigg4s all year n had to wait on his floaters instead of catching them on the run... fix that and he has it all imo

I agree. His deep ball can be inaccurate at times. He needs to improve his accuracy in general. Talented as he is he should be around 66% but I'm gonna put that more on the horrible o line play we had this year

Advertisement
I agree. His deep ball can be inaccurate at times. He needs to improve his accuracy in general. Talented as he is he should be around 66% but I'm gonna put that more on the horrible o line play we had this year
The receivers struggled with drops in the early part of the year as well.

What sre his current #'s?

Comp %
Yards
TD's
Int

Comp % - 61.7
Yards - 3019
TD's - 15
Int - 4

Only 15 TD's? That's below average

3 rushing tds as well. If you have watched any Miami game you know why he only has 18 total touchdowns and only 15 passing. Did you not remember our field goal kicker having the most attempts in the nation, or Miami simply not throwing for tds in the endzone? Or how about all of the rushing tds in the endzone Miami had. Play calling inside the 20 yard line severely impacted his stats

Advertisement
We had one of the worst RZ offense in the country this year. Our kicker was second in the country in FG in the RZ. I hope to see this improve under Richt. In my mind this is the one knock at Kaaya but it isn't all on him.

We had one of the worst RZ offense in the country this year. Our kicker was second in the country in FG in the RZ. I hope to see this improve under Richt. In my mind this is the one knock at Kaaya but it isn't all on him.

Playcalling was the biggest factor more than any other thing. The O had no problem moving down to the redzone but once we got there we struggled because of play calling and thinking runs were the only option we were capable of doing instead of throwing the ball in the endzone

Last edited:

Only got sacked 12 times this year... 90% of them being cause by darling lol

What sre his current #'s?

Comp %
Yards
TD's
Int

Comp % - 61.7
Yards - 3019
TD's - 15
Int - 4

Only 15 TD's? That's below average

3 rushing tds as well. If you have watched any Miami game you know why he only has 18 total touchdowns and only 15 passing. Did you not remember our field goal kicker having the most attempts in the nation, or Miami simply not throwing for tds in the endzone? Or how about all of the rushing tds in the endzone Miami had. Play calling inside the 20 yard line severely impacted his stats

Don't really care for all the excuses, 15 TD's in 11 games is below average. Same play calling last year and he had 26 TD I believe. His season is decent, but nothing great.

Advertisement
Back